First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Info on performance and supporting mods.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Info on performance and supporting mods.
Its pretty quick man. Lots of torque. I have Injen Intercooler/ CAI, CNT Charge pipes, aFe frontpipe, aFe Takeda Exhaust, Maperformance Catless downpipe, prl flexfuel kit, FX300 and aluminum flywheel.

I could have made a lot more power but he kept this tune for reliability.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx

BOOSTY17SI

First Name
Darieus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Is the PRL Cobra better than the K&N Intake? I cant decide if i want to buy that intake??

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
Damn, need to break that 300whp barrier!

But good numbers regardless, I understand that you want to keep it conservative and reliable. I want to do the same.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn, need to break that 300whp barrier!

But good numbers regardless, I understand that you want to keep it conservative and reliable. I want to do the same.
Im going to slowly start buying forged internals along with the PRL big turbo kit. Yeah the tuner recommended we keep the tune conservative for reliability purposes.

Papi_Shampoo SI

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not bad, I’m hoping then to be over 300 with the 27won turbo then.

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Man, awesome numbers without a turbo upgrade!

Anyone know what the ballpark is for a proper install of upgraded rods/pistons? I know tsp and prl both sell upgraded rods from Brian Crower for around $500 but haven't seen anyone on here pull the trigger yet. Would love to get a sense how much that'll cost if people start needing them with the bigger turbo kits.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man, awesome numbers without a turbo upgrade!

Anyone know what the ballpark is for a proper install of upgraded rods/pistons? I know tsp and prl both sell upgraded rods from Brian Crower for around $500 but haven't seen anyone on here pull the trigger yet. Would love to get a sense how much that'll cost if people start needing them with the bigger turbo kits.
my boys at Juju Built said 1,800 to do the work. But i get 30-40% off there so itll be around 1,350.

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
it was exactly what i was hoping for. I didnt wanna push it to 300 and neither did he. The rods are too weak in our cars.
Oh for sure. I know with the 27won turbo it seems more safe to hit the 300 range since you're making more power up top than down low and I think Derek said that's what kills the rods is all the power down low, which makes sense. I ran 10 psi on my old D series with a t3/t4 turbo and was pushing the 300 range on a stock block before eventually the rods gave out, and they took a good year of beating before that happened. Eventually I built the motor and went with 16 psi and some head work and managed 350whp.

These little Honda motors can take a beating. But, it's so scary to think about blowing a motor on such a new of a car :doh:

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
my boys at Juju Built said 1,800 to do the work. But i get 30-40% off there so itll be around 1,350.
Great, good to know what you're in for if you decide to go that route haha. Sounds like you've got a good in, good luck with the build!
Sponsored