FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is my 1st post on the forum completely motivated by my thrill of owning something very special. I purchased my type r back in June. I started my modification process absolutely reverse of what I would recommend today. RV6 ceramic coated catless downpipe, HKS spec L exhaust, Mishimoto intake, Perrin intercooler, etc. etc. The Bosch ECU and torque targets DO NOT allow you to realize the benefits of these upgrades as you might expect.

So Finally, I decided to purchase my Ktuner V2! Once I received my unlocked ECU I was anxious to feel the unleashed potential of the K20c1! Needless to say, once I uploaded my stage 0 and stage 1 tune I was blown away by the eagerness of this motor! Everything even sounded different. High rpm shifts went from sounding like a rapid deep inhale to a straight up “Achoo” sneeze like sound...rapidly hitting the fuel cutoff limit giving the pop, pop, pop. It’s alive!!!!

As pleased as I was with this performance, I knew there was more. I live in Florida and lucky to have an awesome tuner nearby named John Vega. His shop is named phearable.net. Visit his website and look through some of the cars he has tuned over the years. After several conversations and I do mean several, regarding the direction I’d like to take with my type r. I agreed to use his custom 93 octane tune. This is a more dialed in “race tune” tailored to my current modifications. As impressed as I was with the ktuner stage 1 tune, his custom tune felt like it made an even bigger difference from stock to stage 1!!! All I can say is new tires are a must now. I have not put it on the rollers yet to see exactly what power this thing is making. I promise as soon as I do, I will update this post with the graphs.

If you’re still reading this and are also lucky enough to own a Fk8 Type R you already understand the thrills and feels this machine creates. Do not be shy to pursue custom tuning. This is easily the biggest bang for the buck you can ask for. If you live in Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg area hit up John at Phearable.net. Classy dude who knows his craft! Thank me later!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TL;DR "I love my car, Ive finished the power bolt ons, and got it tuned, love it so much, I also have literally zero grip need new tires, havnt dynoed it yet." Dyno FBO and Tune on Ktuner should be right at 367-393WHP

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback! On a roll...this things feels incredible.
TL;DR "I love my car, Ive finished the power bolt ons, and got it tuned, love it so much, I also have literally zero grip need new tires, havnt dynoed it yet." Dyno FBO and Tune on Ktuner should be right at 367-393WHP
You’re spot on! My tuner expects approx 375-385whp. Can’t wait to find out!
Sponsored