Favorite products to wash/maintain your car?

n09ze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback WOP
What are your favorite/best products you use or have used to wash or maintain your car? Links would be helpful.

Wax:
Microfiber towels:
Car Soap:
Polish:
Detailing Spray:
Interior:
Wheels/rims:

I ordered my new EX hatchback and I can't wait to get it in a few weeks. I'm a car amateur and just started getting into taking care and maintaining my current car and will do the same with my new civic to keep it looking pristine.

What are your most useful products or anything else that you use to keep your car in good condition? Any advice is appreciated!
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wax: Meguire's Ultimate Class
Microfiber towels: Cheapest possible (Harbor Freight)
Car Soap: I use Zymol on my painted cars, but DipSoap on my dipped cars.
Polish: 3M products only. I love 3M foam polish
Detailing Spray: Meguire's Quick Detailer
Interior: Black Magic interior stuff for dash... because it smells like delicious cherries :)
Wheels/rims: Brake Dust Pro for heavy cleaning and Windex for shining.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wax: Mothers California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Liquid Wax
Microfiber Towels: Chemical Guys Happy Ending Edgeless
Car Soap: Meguiar's Gold Class
Polish: N/A
Detailing Spray: Chemical Guys Extreme Slick Synthetic Quick Detailer
Interior: Chemical Guys InnerClean - Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant
Wheels/rims: Chemical Guys Sticky Citrus Gel Wheel and Rim Cleaner

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
n09ze, I was in the same boat as you, just got the hatch and wanted to keep it nice. I learned i was doing many things wrong! I ended up watching this series and reading and asking alot of questions.

I use all meguairs stuff for cleaning,claying, waxing and interior
chemical brothers microfiber towels

but the item I'd recommend the most from all the new stuff I bought is "Chemical Guys MIC_702_01 Waffle Weave Huge SUV Microfiber Drying Towel" from chemical brothers, it's really nice, way bigger than you need for the hatch.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Wax: Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. Will be trying Adams buttery wax next
Microfiber towels: Costco a pack of 30 is like $12
Car Soap: Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax
Polish: Meguiar's Ultimate polish
Detailing Spray: Adams Detailing spray
Interior: Dry microfiber no sprays or anything. She still smells factory after 7400 miles and i want to keep that
Wheels/rims: same wash/wax as i use on the car.
Tire shine: Meguiar's Endurance tire gel

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
I'm not too fastidious about washing and waxing, but the one product I don't do without is Meguiar's High Endurance Gel. The shine lasts for weeks.

Funny story: I heard about this stuff from a coworker, so I ordered some from Amazon. Our amazon prime account is my wife's and she gets a text alert when an order is placed. To make it fit in one text, Amazon truncated the name of the product to "Me..... Endurance Gel". Predictably, she texted me right away asking if I had just bought some "Men's Endurance Gel"... lol

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not too fastidious about washing and waxing, but the one product I don't do without is Meguiar's High Endurance Gel. The shine lasts for weeks.

Funny story: I heard about this stuff from a coworker, so I ordered some from Amazon. Our amazon prime account is my wife's and she gets a text alert when an order is placed. To make it fit in one text, Amazon truncated the name of the product to "Me..... Endurance Gel". Predictably, she texted me right away asking if I had just bought some "Men's Endurance Gel"... lol
That sounds like the Turtle Wax Endurashine that I use. That stuff is magical. Tire shine that lasts for 4-5 months with zero slimy residue.
Honda Civic 10th gen Favorite products to wash/maintain your car? 17991438_10154706791697983_6329485722622628459_o

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Don't let the dealer wash your car before you pick it up! Bad mistake I've made in the past.
I mainly use Meguiars products because they are easily available and cheap at Wal-Mart and they work really well for me. I've just started buying the products in bulk on Amazon because it's cheaper because I wash my car every weekend.

Wax: I've been using a combination of Meguiars Mirror Bright Polishing Wax (awesome stuff) and Gold Class Carnauba
Microfiber towels: Rag Company MF towels. Don't use cheap MF towels on your paint!
https://www.amazon.com/RAG-COMPANY-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0A2Y8T09WNXRCS248PS1
Car Soap: Meguiars Gold Class
Polish: Not needed yet
Detailing Spray: Meguiars Quik Detail
Interior: Meguiars
Wheels/rims: Meguiars Hot Rims Cleaner/ High Endurance Tire Gel
I also recommend getting a spray wax between waxings and as a drying aid, I use Ultimate Quik Wax from Meguiars (of course lol)

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless noted, I use Meguiar's Ultimate series.

Leather: Zaino Cleaner and Conditioner, seperate.

Microfiber is from Costco.

OP
OP

n09ze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback WOP
n09ze, I was in the same boat as you, just got the hatch and wanted to keep it nice. I learned i was doing many things wrong! I ended up watching this series and reading and asking alot of questions.

I use all meguairs stuff for cleaning,claying, waxing and interior
chemical brothers microfiber towels

but the item I'd recommend the most from all the new stuff I bought is "Chemical Guys MIC_702_01 Waffle Weave Huge SUV Microfiber Drying Towel" from chemical brothers, it's really nice, way bigger than you need for the hatch.
Thanks for that towel recommendation! Looks awesome cuz I actually need more towels for drying so I'm gonna get that one.

OP
OP

n09ze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback WOP
Thanks for the replies everyone. Running low on my car soap so gonna try Meguiars Gold Class since I've been seeing a lot about it.

Since I'm new to the whole maintenance thing I haven't touched my wheels/rims on my current BMW and they're pretty dirty. Any tips on wheel/rim cleaning? A couple of them are super dirty. Gonna look into the Endurance Gel a couple people mentioned.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a lot of great detailing brands out there. However if you're looking for great stuff that's easy to find in stores and is more affordable, I recommend Turtle Wax's Ice line of products (they come in blue bottles). The spray wax is amazing. It wipes on and off so easily and it beads like crazy. You can't go wrong with Meguiars either.

Kasai808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Chemical Guys for wash/wax/detail spay/interior and The Rag Company for all my towels. Only high GSM microfiber for the paint and lower GSM for wheels/engine/dirty work.
Sponsored