Favorite & Least Feature. Just One Please.

jm33561

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda CR-V EX
Country flag
17 EX-T, came from a 16 Mazda3 so had the smart key previously which I love. My fav other feature so far is remote start and the brake hold.

Least favorite is Lanewatch, would rather have the blind spot indicators my Mazda3 had.
Sponsored

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Favorite feature - keyless entry.

Least favorite - its a toss up between the asinine rain sensing windshield wiper mode and the even more asinine LaneWatch system. I guess LaneWatch is my least favorite feature though the rain sensing wiper mode is the most broken/non-functional feature in touring trims.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Favorite is walk away auto lock. Has always worked perfectly.

Least favorite is the climate controls, I hate having to push a button just to see the mode and fan speed of the climate system. Now I usually set it for 19c - 21c in auto and forget about the climate system. That part works great.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
'16 Touring Sedan

Favorite feature: So many to choose from, but favorite would probably have to be the Android Auto integration. One of the main reasons I bought the car. There were very few cars with AA/CarPlay available in late 2015. It's much more available now.

Least favorite: Auto windshield wipers. I know there is at least one thread on this forum complaining about them. They just don't work well, especially when it is only misting out. They either don't wipe enough or they bug out and go into berserk mode and I have to turn them off. I would much rather have the regular intermittent wipers of the lower trims.

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
17 EX-T, came from a 16 Mazda3 so had the smart key previously which I love. My fav other feature so far is remote start and the brake hold.

Least favorite is Lanewatch, would rather have the blind spot indicators my Mazda3 had.
Get outta here!

I am coming from a 2016 Mazda 3 as well :p

My favorite feature in Honda is the 1.5 engine with smooth gearbox.

Least favorite is a general visibility from inside the car - low visibility on right left front and right left rear. Hard to estimate how far front wheels are from the curb when parking or turning.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Civic lx hatchback hs

Favorite:
Key unlock all windows roll down, turn to lock and raise all windows up

Least Favorite:
Lack of visibility of side doors in relation to proximity of curbs

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Favorite: CarPlay
Least favorite: OEM nav/audio interface(s)

Most useless: HomeLink phone app. Nobody within Honda tried it in a real car and said, "Works great! Ship it!"

shermanatoorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 2017
Country flag
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Favorite: The capless gas tank

Least: I don't know if it's just me but sometimes I push my turn signal too soft and it only signals for a few blinks then I try to turn it off and little do I know I didn't push it hard enough the first time and now I'm signaling back the other way(now I look like a clueless driver)!

Is there a way to fix that?!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More cons: wish I could speed up the slow starting infotainment system every time I start the car. Yes, I get the safety warning, but does it have to be displayed EVERY time I turn the car on? Wish there was a way to disable it.
The safety warning is less irritating to me than how it'll default to "No device connected" and stay on that same screen for the next thousand miles if I don't manually dismiss it.

I'm thinking, "I know nothing's connected, because this time, my phone is here in my pants pocket and not plugged in, you stupid car!" Don't tell me something I already know.

I could deep-dive into why the overall UI sucks, too, but then I'll start hating my car when, honestly, I enjoy almost everything else about it.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Least: I don't know if it's just me but sometimes I push my turn signal too soft and it only signals for a few blinks then I try to turn it off and little do I know I didn't push it hard enough the first time and now I'm signaling back the other way(now I look like a clueless driver)!

Is there a way to fix that?!
Push the lever farther so it clicks and keeps the turn signal on.

shermanatoorr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 2017
Country flag
Push the lever farther so it clicks and keeps the turn signal on.
I know but on the rare occasion when I don't push it down/up far enough. It usually doesn't happen but has happened a few times since I got the car three months ago.

SoftwareDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Least Favorite: PLEASE reprogram FAN and VOLUME to use HARD controls. Controls are wasted on a couple A/C settings. There is no quick mute. There is no fan control. Very dangerous to go through a touch menu to do the most common functions.

Most favorite: I Love the automated driving features. It is so much safer to be assisted at staying in lanes, adjusting speeds, stopping. I think those that turn this off are dangerous drivers that lane change and cut people off without sigmals. If you are driving safely, the warnings are great. Use your signal and don't tailgate. It will work perfectly.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Least Favorite: PLEASE reprogram FAN and VOLUME to use HARD controls. Controls are wasted on a couple A/C settings. There is no quick mute. There is no fan control. Very dangerous to go through a touch menu to do the most common functions.

Most favorite: I Love the automated driving features. It is so much safer to be assisted at staying in lanes, adjusting speeds, stopping. I think those that turn this off are dangerous drivers that lane change and cut people off without sigmals. If you are driving safely, the warnings are great. Use your signal and don't tailgate. It will work perfectly.
I drove for over 40 years WITHOUT all these safety features! If you drive safely and defensively you don't really NEED these safety features! You always have to watch for the other guy who might menace you! These features are nice but they do NOT replace YOUR safe driving skills. I'd rather rely on myself as I have for over 40 years of driving without incident! I know that the features are there if I feel my skills are slipping. Then again maybe at that time it would be better if I stop driving and not put myself and others in jeopardy!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Favorite: CarPlay
Least favorite: OEM nav/audio interface(s)

Most useless: HomeLink phone app. Nobody within Honda tried it in a real car and said, "Works great! Ship it!"
Ohhhh HomeLink. What a failure. Both the app and the built-in "features" (or lack thereof) in the car.

It's so useless I forgot we had it... o_O

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
'17 Sedan LX CVT

Favorite: Hideaway USB & AC Charge ports.

Least: Electric Parking Brake.
Sponsored