Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Any youtube videos out there to tell you a good obd2 scan tool to put the car in maintenance mode? What is the purpose of this mode? Cut the voltage to the harness /caliper?

Need a good video that shows the correct way
thanks!
you do not need the obd2 scanner. Just an E11 torx female socket to take care of the EPB
Sponsored

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
you do not need the obd2 scanner. Just an E11 torx female socket to take care of the EPB
+1 to this! thats what I did to mine. this is the cheapest route and only adds 10 minutes tops of extra work per rear side. my first time dealing with EBPs too. piece of cake. good education on how to deal with all EBPs

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Got any more info on this? I tried finding it in the thread but didn't see anything a for the past few pages. All I saw was the suggestion of the cube. I've used the cube in the past for my S2000 and TSX.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
bump from 2021, how are the akebono ASP1001 for the front? any squeaks at this point ? I'm sure you owners have racked up miles on these on these. Currently running Spoon metallic front pads & these are noisy, after about 4k miles I want replace the fronts.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
bump from 2021, how are the akebono ASP1001 for the front? any squeaks at this point ? I'm sure you owners have racked up miles on these on these. Currently running Spoon metallic front pads & these are noisy, after about 4k miles I want replace the fronts.
I have both the Akebono fronts and rears installed (ASP1001 & ACT1878). They squeak when I am backing up out of the driveway every time for whatever reason. Zero noise in forward motion. They do NOT have the same initial cold bite that the oem brembo pads do. It is noticeable and you do need to be prepared for it. It's different but not bad to get used to. I am still on the original rotors on all 4 corners and they are wearing perfectly. I changed them out myself and early, under 10,000 miles on the car and I'm over 30,000 now.

I do not track the car, but I do drive it "spirited" when I am in the mood and they can handle that, just not full send type track use as they are NOT meant for that. I'll only use Akebono going forward.

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
I have both the Akebono fronts and rears installed (ASP1001 & ACT1878). They squeak when I am backing up out of the driveway every time for whatever reason. Zero noise in forward motion. They do NOT have the same initial cold bite that the oem brembo pads do. It is noticeable and you do need to be prepared for it. It's different but not bad to get used to. I am still on the original rotors on all 4 corners and they are wearing perfectly. I changed them out myself and early, under 10,000 miles on the car and I'm over 30,000 now.

I do not track the car, but I do drive it "spirited" when I am in the mood and they can handle that, just not full send type track use as they are NOT meant for that. I'll only use Akebono going forward.
thanks for the reply, I will take your review into consideration. much appreciated.

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Great thread everyone.

Is there a street pad that will have less dust than the OE pads but also the same initial cold bite?

I live in a cold climate and am looking for the best all around street pads I can get my hands on.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Great thread everyone.

Is there a street pad that will have less dust than the OE pads but also the same initial cold bite?

I live in a cold climate and am looking for the best all around street pads I can get my hands on.
Generally can’t have both with pads. Performance = dust. Less dust = less perfornance. That dissipated energy has to go somewhere (dust).
Unless there’s another viable option I’m not aware of.

OP
OP
FK8 4 Di

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
UPDATE on my experience with ALL the pads I have used! Dory has over 122k miles and as you can imagine, I have replaced quite a few pads!! I was definitely surprised at how fast the rears go! Once it was explained to me how the rear pads are used while driving, it completely makes sense. Sooooo......Hawks are too loud and have a lot of dust! OEMs don't last. I have used Duralast which worked great, no noise and little dust. I currently have Project Mus and they are my FAVORITE! Club Racers for the WIN! :)

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I just installed Hawk Street 5.0 pads and feel like I completely wasted my money. The initial bite is great, the dust is less than stock, but they squeal like crazy. It's super loud and annoying. I can't wait to take them off!

Is there a pad that performs similar to sock, but with slightly less dust and no noise?

Anyone try Centric Posi-quiet Ceramics?

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I just installed Hawk Street 5.0 pads and feel like I completely wasted my money. The initial bite is great, the dust is less than stock, but they squeal like crazy. It's super loud and annoying. I can't wait to take them off!

Is there a pad that performs similar to sock, but with slightly less dust and no noise?

I'm a big fan of EBC Redstuff for street use. Once they're bedded in they don't dust all that much and the dust they do make is super easy to wipe off.

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag

Did you replace the rotors at the same time you replaced the pads? I had nothing but issues with noise when I pad-slapped my car. I bought new rotors and new pads and don't really have any issues with noise anymore. I am running Akebono pads.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
How's the noise? I looked up a few reviews and people say they squeal, which is the main issue I am having with the Hawks.
I've had some cases where they're dead silent and others where they make some noise during the first thousand or so miles and then dead silent after that. Rotor condition and quality plays a big part. Pads are far more likely to make noise if the rotors are reused or low quality.
Sponsored