Favor: Please Don't Blur License Plates.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If someone really wanted a bunch of license plate information they could sit at a Starbucks / McDonald's drive through and write down the make and model of every car with license plate info.. To randomly search online for license info seems like a lot of work.

I don't show my plates because everyone else doesn't. I also never give a vin # to a buyer of my cars unless he or she is right there in person. I understand everyones concern. Most plates show of course a state but also a county code. That could be enough info for a stalker to hunt someone down then search for the make and model of vehicle in that county.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
If someone really wanted a bunch of license plate information they could sit at a Starbucks / McDonald's drive through and write down the make and model of every car with license plate info..
Or a Cars & Coffee meet or something, too.

Although, I've seen people tape over their plates (or remove them) when racing because they figure their insurer might be looking for them through online photos.

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
If someone really wanted a bunch of license plate information they could sit at a Starbucks / McDonald's drive through and write down the make and model of every car with license plate info.. To randomly search online for license info seems like a lot of work.

I don't show my plates because everyone else doesn't. I also never give a vin # to a buyer of my cars unless he or she is right there in person. I understand everyones concern. Most plates show of course a state but also a county code. That could be enough info for a stalker to hunt someone down then search for the make and model of vehicle in that county.
That's exactly what a stalker/thief who wanted our license plate numbers would say!

But seriously since you mentioned it I guess that does make alot of sense I was blurring mine just because everyone else was and I didn't want to be left out lol.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could just buy a wide covering license plate frame to cover those details. When I sell a car on Craigslist I always have scammers asking for the Vin number. So I think that might be a way of pulling registration info for identity theft. But then again that seems like a lot of work. I would rather just goto an upscale mall or restaurant where all the rich folks go. Use my cell phone and walk car to car taking pics of all the Vin numbers.

Or goto a luxury New car dealer website and save all the Vin numbers. Then 1year later run them all with new owners private registration info. It could happen.

So theifs could get a new type R vin when it's for sale and once it sells run a car fax and know exactly where to go to steal it.

That's exactly what a stalker/thief who wanted our license plate numbers would say!

But seriously since you mentioned it I guess that does make alot of sense I was blurring mine just because everyone else was and I didn't want to be left out lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: