Faulty Wipers/Car Will Not Start

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
According to the honda tech line that Honda sent out, they said for now to replace the tcm. It's under further investigation but it seems to be that something is getting wet causing things to go wrong.
Ok thankyou. Maybe thats it. Although im thinking if the problem occured because of rain it will happen again next time the module gets wet.
Sponsored

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2006 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thankyou. Maybe thats it. Although im thinking if the problem occured because of rain it will happen again next time the module gets wet.
Yes I'm worried about that since I won't have my car back for a week because of new years. So if there's another heavy rain I won't be looking forward to getting my car towed again. Let's just hope they figure out the cause as soon as possible.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Yes I'm worried about that since I won't have my car back for a week because of new years. So if there's another heavy rain I won't be looking forward to getting my car towed again. Let's just hope they figure out the cause as soon as possible.
Yeah exactly
Changing the tcn will only resolve the problem until your next drive in the rain!!

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I found many people with the same problem
Honda should do a recall but it will never happen.

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah exactly
Changing the tcn will only resolve the problem until your next drive in the rain!!
I've driven in rain before but not for to long but this time I spent hours driving out there. I'm hoping that it's not the cause and I'm wrong but until Honda figures out whats causing this to happen, we just gotta hope for the best.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've driven in rain before but not for to long but this time I spent hours driving out there. I'm hoping that it's not the cause and I'm wrong but until Honda figures out whats causing this to happen, we just gotta hope for the best.
Is your car at the dealer?

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is your car at the dealer?
Yes but it's 2 hours away from where I live, it got stuck around 6pm on Thursday and Honda first sent out someone to Jumpstart it and he arrived late and then a tow truck that arrived late also at 12:30. I lost the whole day and ended up helpless in the city since I've never taken trains before and my phone was dead.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes but it's 2 hours away from where I live, it got stuck around 6pm on Thursday and Honda first sent out someone to Jumpstart it and he arrived late and then a tow truck that arrived late also at 12:30. I lost the whole day and ended up helpless in the city since I've never taken trains before and my phone was dead.
Join the club!
Ok so you wont have your car until tuesday when they reopen?
You got the call today saying it was the tcm??

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Join the club!
Ok so you wont have your car until tuesday when they reopen?
You got the call today saying it was the tcm??
No they had to order the part but because of new years it won't arrive until Thursday and then I have to wait for them to install it so my guess is probably Friday or Saturday I'll get the car back.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No they had to order the part but because of new years it won't arrive until Thursday and then I have to wait for them to install it so my guess is probably Friday or Saturday I'll get the car back.
Brand new car?
No courtesy vehicle?

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Brand new car?
No courtesy vehicle?
They said that if I pay for a rental they can reimburse it after I get my car back but I have to sent out a letter to Honda Roadside Assistance with the receipt from the tow truck, repair order, receipt of rental, vin number of vehicle, serial number and policy number, reference number.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They said that if I pay for a rental they can reimburse it after I get my car back but I have to sent out a letter to Honda Roadside Assistance with the receipt from the tow truck, repair order, receipt of rental, vin number of vehicle, serial number and policy number, reference number.
Btw 95% of the time they dont reimburse rentals. Thats why my dealer said.

Receipt from the tow truck?? You have Honda Assistance no? It should be free. Mine was.

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Btw 95% of the time they dont reimburse rentals. Thats why my dealer said.

Receipt from the tow truck?? You have Honda Assistance no? It should be free. Mine was.
Yes I called Honda Roadside Assistance. The tow truck guy made me sign a receipt and they want me to send that. Although I don't know why since they have all this information in their system already.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I called Honda Roadside Assistance. The tow truck guy made me sign a receipt and they want me to send that. Although I don't know why since they have all this information in their system already.
I didnt sign anything thats weird.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyways my dealer didnt explained it to me that way. I should have asked Honda Assistance for the information on reimbursement not my dealer.
Sponsored