Faulty Wipers/Car Will Not Start

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Also Honda roadside came out and tried to jump the car - that wasn't it obviously. Break felt really stiff to me as well. I was reading this thread and trying the two foot trick but that didn't work. Hoping this isn't a factory thing. I love this car.
Can you share what plant your car was made as well?
Sponsored

bigjee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Anyone willing to post the exact location of the ground wires they found unbolted. Would help everyone to spot check and tighten theirs if need be.
thanks.

OP
OP
MyFirstHonda

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone willing to post the exact location of the ground wires they found unbolted. Would help everyone to spot check and tighten theirs if need be.
thanks.
Unfortunately, I don't know the location of the unbolted ground wire on my Civic. I only have the photo I posted previously.

sharat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Same case here. I purchased a new Honda Civic 2016 Touring few days back (hardly 1000 miles on it). Yesterday night, I tried to start my car and had the exact same problems (minus the windshield). It threw up all critical errors (Adaptive Cruise Control Problem, Lane Keeping Assist Problem, Electronic Parking Brake Problem, Emissions System Problem, Brake System Problem, Brake Hold System Problem, Power Steering System Problem, Vehicle Stability Assist Problem, Hill Start Assist Problem, Collision Mitigation System Problem, Road Departure Mitigation System Problem) and the car wont start. As others, I tried calling up the Roadside assist but jump starting didn't work as well. Most probably they will tow it to the dealer this Tuesday (after the long weekend). Interestingly, it was raining when it happened

OP
OP
MyFirstHonda

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear this news. Keep us posted.

sharat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Update. Dealer called, asked to unplug the batteries, wait for sometime and plug them back. Gladly it worked. But there were no reasons given on why it happened in the first place. Took it to the service center and showed them the video, however they also said that they cant help as there are no issues right now and they cannot explain why it happened. Seems like everyone is expecting me to treat that as a minor issue and act as if nothing happened. All I am hoping is this issue doesn't happen again.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Seems like everyone is expecting me to treat that as a minor issue and act as if nothing happened.
What they told you, that they can't explain it and Honda has nothing in the way of a Service Bulletin or similar to provide them any guidance, is probably closer to the truth. They probably aren't expecting you to consider it a minor issue nor to act as if nothing happened. They just don't have anything better to offer. Dealers are really well equipped to deal with cars that come in with, say, a leaking radiator hose. If your issue is software / non-repeatable, or complex electronic intermittent fault, they really aren't well equipped to diagnose it and/or solve it. They are totally at Honda's mercy for help on these kinds of issues.

Kelliprn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Turns out it was a loose ground wire as well. Quick fix for Honda. I'll have my car back tomorrow. Sounds like faulty assembly on the 16 touring edition.
This exact problem just happened to me and my car is on the way to Honda now. Hopefully they have seen this problem and fix it quick!! They did refuse to give me a rental, which is frustrating. Any advice here?!?

OP
OP
MyFirstHonda

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
This exact problem just happened to me and my car is on the way to Honda now. Hopefully they have seen this problem and fix it quick!! They did refuse to give me a rental, which is frustrating. Any advice here?!?
Give us an update once your issue is resolved.

Wolfpack87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Sorry don't have the location of my loose ground wire. Update though - this SAME issue happened again just last month. Was without a car for a week. Honda had to order a new transmission controller which was on back order. The tech said another 2016 was in there with the same issue. He said when that's happening a recall is soon to happen. Hopefully this second trip to the dealer in 6 months solves the issue of this BRAND NEW car.

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2006 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember correctly I believe I saw that cable under the driver side dash. This problem happened to me yesterday as well, happened on a rainy day as well. Waiting to see what happens.

Last edited:

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update: It's the transmission control module. Honda is changing it and there is a possibility that there will be a safety recall on all 2016 civic cvt. Reason why this occurs is still under investigation by Honda.

OP
OP
MyFirstHonda

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update: It's the transmission control module. Honda is changing it and there is a possibility that there will be a safety recall on all 2016 civic cvt. Reason why this occurs is still under investigation by Honda.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Same problem
Multi warning lights signal

Adaptative Cruise Control Problem, Lane Keeping Assist Problem, Electronic Parking Brake Problem, Emissions System Problem, Brake System Problem, Brake Hold System Problem, Power SteeringSystem Problem, Vehicle Stability Assist Problem, Hill Start Assist Problem, Collision Mitigation System Problem, Road Departure Mitigation System problem

I can start the car though

It happened 1 day after a crazy drive in pouring rain. My next drive exactly.
Thats weird.
Had it towed to the dealer.
So whats the verdict? Ground wire? Transmission module?
Rain seemed to be a recurrent theme here

superyerison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same problem
Multi warning lights signal

Adaptative Cruise Control Problem, Lane Keeping Assist Problem, Electronic Parking Brake Problem, Emissions System Problem, Brake System Problem, Brake Hold System Problem, Power SteeringSystem Problem, Vehicle Stability Assist Problem, Hill Start Assist Problem, Collision Mitigation System Problem, Road Departure Mitigation System problem

I can start the car though

It happened 1 day after a crazy drive in pouring rain. My next drive exactly.
Thats weird.
Had it towed to the dealer.
So whats the verdict? Ground wire? Transmission module?
Rain seemed to be a recurrent theme here
According to the honda tech line that Honda sent out, they said for now to replace the tcm. It's under further investigation but it seems to be that something is getting wet causing things to go wrong.
Sponsored