Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you Storageshedd, for taking time to read this thread all the way through and for the kind words.

My content upload has slowed a little the past couple months... but am really excited to have the Motec in and operational.

Have some projects pending but it’s hard to find time between work and family. :rolleyes:

Was unable to get rid of the CEL while untuned. Didn’t seem to affect performance, just a nuisance, so lived with it.

Did try different sized restrictor orifices for the Vibrant J tube defouler, similar to the ones on that eBay link. Man, wish I had known about that one. A steal at $8.99 especially if it works! :headbang:

Fortunately the O2 sensor CEL no longer comes up with the car tuned. Now it’s just a matter of driving the car to identify any issues so Salasko Racing can debug it before I hit the track.

I welcome and appreciate any questions or comments so no need to apologize. Am just happy people find this content useful and hopefully entertaining. ;)

Very enjoyable 44 page read.
Thank you for all of the time and effort you have put into this thread.

I was curious if you ever figured out the check engine light issue you were having with the downpipe and the 2nd O2 sensor? You may have said in previous posts, but it took me a few weeks to read through everything so I may have missed it.
I have a PLR catless downpipe and PLR front pipe and was finally able to get the rich fuel code to go away after trying multiple different defoulers with no great success until I tried this one off of ebay, using the medium restrictor plate.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/O2-Oxygen-Sensor-Adapter-CEL-FIX-Restrictor-Fitting-Adjustable-Gas-Flow-Inserts/174094555878?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I put it in to start with, reflashed, and it came back with in 20 miles, checked the codes, nothing actually showing, tightened down the sensor and defouler. Kept driving, and it went away, and has been gone for over 400 miles.

If you already solved this issue, sorry to waste your time, I just was excited to get rid of mine, and remembered you were having issues with it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R FC3AFBBA-96E3-461F-BF73-CA5B0F87D37B
Noticed the C somehow fell off, so now the ducktail reads BMSPE and these aren’t easy to come by. Oh the agony :banghead:

Reached out to Brian hoping to obtain more stickers. Crossing my fingers, heh.

Here’s my current todo list:
  • Remove bumper and take front emblem holder for STEK CF PPF to match rear badge.
  • Install drain valve and hose to Radium CCV oil catch can and reroute PCV catch can drain to access from below.
  • Reinstall the Carbon Zone Poland interior trim pieces with glue and Mirror caps with thinner tape or glue. Am not liking how they fit with double stick tape.
  • Install a Carbon Zone Poland steering wheel If It shows up.... Tracking shows it was released from customs 12/23/20 but no further updates after that and it hasn’t arrived. Hoping it hasn’t been lost or stolen. :(
  • Install JRZ RS Pro 2 coil-overs and RV6 suspension pieces. Have been procrastinating on this for a variety of reasons. Now that the Motec and tune is complete outside of testing and tweaks, can start thinking about this next big mod.
  • Change spark plugs and set a tighter gap. Under hard acceleration have some burbles and pops...sounds cool but not sure if that’s a good thing long term.
  • Clean intake and replace cabin air filter
  • Oil change
  • Brake pad inspection and replacement if needed. Will post an updated DIY.
  • Clean and vacuum interior.
  • Send EZ Car Lift slave gearbox for service. It has developed a slow oil leak.
Most of these are basic maintenance tasks and tweaks. Possible upgrade goals for 2021:
  • Fuel system upgrades: very tempted to follow Taylor’s lead and grab an XDI high pressure fuel pump and Radium surge tank. Possibly a low pressure pump as well.
  • Smaller battery (if move forward with above)
  • Oil temperature and pressure gauge
  • Motec display TBD. Originally was thinking AIM Solo 2 DL until Ben informed me the Motec can also do these features with a GPS added to it. The display may also negate the need for gauges.
  • More track time aka driver mod.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
heheh, no I wish. Have set aside all OEM parts in storage in the event they need to be put back on (most likely in 5 years for CA smog).

Hopefully will be able to locate a mod friendly smog test station that will “pass” my vehicle.

Otherwise will have to return everything before the cat to stock every (2) years, the reinstall the mods ?

Do they even fit the 96 accord?

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
heheh, no I wish. Have set aside all OEM parts in storage in the event they need to be put back on (most likely in 5 years for CA smog).

Hopefully will be able to locate a mod friendly smog test station that will “pass” my vehicle.

Otherwise will have to return everything before the cat to stock every (2) years, the reinstall the mods ?
That would be very unfortunate. How has the CF hood been holding up? Any need for pins?

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The J’s Racing hood is holding up well. Have had several track days without issue. Hood doesn’t vibrate much. The hood’s latch is secured by (4) good sized screws in FRP.

Hood pins would make it 100% failsafe. Not a fan of the look, so have held off.

That would be very unfortunate. How has the CF hood been holding up? Any need for pins?

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R B16A769E-93E2-467F-A4BA-A3F726D6347B

This steering wheel from Carbon Zone Poland arrived after a shipping scare. USPS tracks showed it cleared New York customs back on 12/23/20... then nothing. Was afraid it had been lost or stolen.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 8C25F28E-F73F-4A89-BD59-5BF528F77C0E
Then it resurfaced on 1/18/21 and was delivered Wednesday 1/20/21. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 2DF7F9D3-317A-4D8E-BFDA-C2598D5667C3
Quality seems really good and is made with a US core. Went with Alcantara instead of leather trim. Looking forward to installing when time permits.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
B16A769E-93E2-467F-A4BA-A3F726D6347B.jpeg

This steering wheel from Carbon Zone Poland arrived after a shipping scare. USPS tracks showed it cleared New York customs back on 12/23/20... then nothing. Was afraid it had been lost or stolen.

8C25F28E-F73F-4A89-BD59-5BF528F77C0E.jpeg
Then it resurfaced on 1/18/21 and was delivered Wednesday 1/20/21. ?

2DF7F9D3-317A-4D8E-BFDA-C2598D5667C3.jpeg
Quality seems really good and is made with a US core. Went with Alcantara instead of leather trim. Looking forward to installing when time permits.
Nice wheel. Especially with the fact that it was a U.S. core and using alcantara. I too had a similar situation with shipping and item from china. Said about 2 weeks earlier it was delivered but to new york. 2 weeks later to resurface in the usps tracking system. Really scared me there for a bit and took about 7 week's total to arrive.

I'm digging on the black alcantara and red stitching look.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R D6C5DFB5-253F-403B-89F8-6A98298C6139
Stopped by the Honda parts department to grab some 0-20W ultimate Honda and oil filters and snagged a license plate holder... I’ve been without since buying the car. It came with these clear spacers that surround the (2) upper plate screws.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R C28D574A-253F-449F-82CA-E762C68BF854

And they screw in like so... (pardon the dirty car)

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 5F0E3C9D-3FDB-48DD-B780-C3BFBF3E7DAB
Then these nifty Honda caps snap on. My buddy @boosted180sx often stresses the importance of little details, and these were an unexpected bonus. Didn’t know they came with the plate holder. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R CDA7867F-5A32-4D67-9A02-72C2A41B80C0

Voila, a quick and easy cosmetic mod. Went with a simple style... but one that complements the scheme I’ve got... but that’s a lot of of H’s. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 957D2C56-0BA0-427E-AB0E-6C6975E668C7
Changed the oil and pulled the wheels to rotate and inspect the brakes in preparation for my next track day Sunday 2/21/21 @Big Willow.

Temps in SoCal have dropped to 48F ? but not too bad, once an old guy starts moving around, heh.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R C27B28E4-7CAB-49DA-817C-27DBD30C3359

Being “kinda OCD” has its plusses and minuses..

Felt compelled to remove the center badge holder from the J’s Racing grill, so Aerowerkz could apply a STEK CF PPF background to match the rear. ?

Snapped the standoffs that secure the emblem removing the retaining washers. :doh: Which necessitated ordering a new black chrome H from Heeltoe Automotive... a $87 mistake. :banghead:

Will have to research the proper removal tool if there is a next time. A small flat screwdriver definitely didn’t work. ?

The H pictured is the broken one to show how it turned out. The replacement is in the mail. Looking forward seeing how it looks installed and back together. ;)

Last edited:

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

I’m moving to San Diego in a few weeks from Maryland and I’m nervous about the SMOG test. My PRL intake would definitely fail, my Catback AWE exhaust should be fine and my 27won intercooler should be okay, but I put the PRL charge pipes on and apparently that also earns me a fail for the SMOG test

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have to get your car smogged when moving to CA, even though it hasn’t been (7) years? Hmm suppose that may make sense...that kinda sucks man, hopefully you kept your OEM parts to switch back in case you are unable to find a place to “pass” you.

On a positive note maybe you can connect with @Volksparts and drive up when he visits me and @boosted180sx again. Would be cool to hit the SoCal mountains on a quick drive up then down :)

I’m moving to San Diego in a few weeks from Maryland and I’m nervous about the SMOG test. My PRL intake would definitely fail, my Catback AWE exhaust should be fine and my 27won intercooler should be okay, but I put the PRL charge pipes on and apparently that also earns me a fail for the SMOG test

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Do you have to get your car smogged when moving to CA, even though it hasn’t been (7) years? Hmm suppose that may make sense...that kinda sucks man, hopefully you kept your OEM parts to switch back in case you are unable to find a place to “pass” you.

On a positive note maybe you can connect with @Volksparts and drive up when he visits me and @boosted180sx again. Would be cool to hit the SoCal mountains on a quick drive up then down :)
yeah I’ve been doing some research and any out of state car has to get the smog test done before registering. I wonder how long I can go before I need to do it. Would love to find a shop in San Diego that would pass me as is.

I have my OEM parts but those tubes were a pain in the ass. I also wasn’t sure if I was going to bring them along because I’m trying to condense my belongings to fit in the hatch and drive out there. Each part I bring takes up valuable cargo space.

definitely down for some fun drives once I’m there

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 6DCB5ACA-74D3-4E20-A481-FBDCBF87C53A
Removed my old steering wheel and transferred the electronics and lower trim to this CF steering wheel from Carbon Zone Poland. Side grips are Alcantara. Built on a US OEM core.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R DE8D342F-8B45-4CB4-9FE0-8693D15E4A95

Ran out of time and it was raining hard so held off on installing. Hopefully will have an opportunity tonight after work. DIY writeup to follow :)