Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 42BD3522-4912-4989-9F80-D7CEE29432B7
Have been getting CELs related to the new down pipe. Doesn’t seem to affect performance, but annoying as it stays on the display. The Autel AP200 ODB scanner provides this explanation. Cleared codes only return after a short while.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R D1C00B22-2FEF-44A9-BCB3-61623454D0D6

Since the CEL says the secondary O2 sensor is reading slow, decided to switch from the middle to the largest orifice to see if that would resolve it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 32B59ECA-B8F3-4C2C-8970-919BA0147D36

The Eventuri V2MAF update makes removing the airbox super easy to access the secondary O2 sensor electrical connector and the defouler can be removed from underneath through the skid plate opening.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 184E1E99-96C1-4422-8E28-D799CC0AED43
The larger orifice seemed to fare better. However the CEL came back after about 40 miles of driving. Back to the drawing board.

Options are to remove the restrictor entirely, go to the smallest restrictor, or try a shorter straight tube defouler...

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 45B42E9C-FC54-47C6-8D62-0D2D3A2DA5C6
Hopefully will be able to get the defouler alone to clear the CEL...

Otherwise will disable it when this is added and the car is finally tuned.?

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sure man. Of course... Just need to work out a day and time with boosted180sx. Besides a tranny fluid replacement, you’d be able to check out the difference upgrades have made since the build was just getting underway ;)

Yo can I join this party too? Definitely need to do trans fluid...

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
For sure man. Of course... Just need to work out a day and time with boosted180sx. Besides a tranny fluid replacement, you’d be able to check out the difference upgrades have made since when the build was just getting underway ;)
Awesome sounds good man. Also I'm scared, your car looks too good lol.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the link Ducky. Wish I had known about Kap earlier, heh. I may switch over if the Bracketeer becomes a hassle, though it is relatively easy to remove if necessary..

A track buddy recommended the Bracketeer, but he has a BMW and Corvette. Not a fan of the space limitations created with it mounted behind the passenger seat...though it feels the most comfortable to reach of the (3) possible locations.

If you're not married to the Bracketeer, the Kap Industries mount I bought mounts to either the front driver's or front passenger seat in the front.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/kap-industries-fire-extinguisher-bracket.49932/#post-812604

https://kap.industries/product/fire-extinguisher-bracket-honda-civic-type-r-fk8/

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey that’s awesome Toofhurts. That is one of the main purposes in creating this content, so I am happy to see it’s come in handy for others such as yourself. Which mods have you added so far?

I must say your build journal is giving me so much confidence to do my modifications in my garage. I already completed some upgrades thanks to your posts!

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol yes but my memory is pretty funky :doh:... which is another reason this thread was created. Have referred back several times to remind myself how things go back together.... Taking photos of disassembly has bailed me out numerous times...especially if there is a couple day break between tasks:rolleyes:

You liked my thread back in May... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Last edited:

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Good luck at your event!
I'm really curious with all the cooling mods you have added to see the end results! I need to order me that brake bleeding tool! I"m about to change out my pads, brake lines to SS and switch over to Motul brake fluid. Would love to learn how to bleed my own brakes so I don't have to take it to a shop.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you HomieGohan, crossing my fingers that the new additions will work as anticipated and won’t have any issues...otherwise back to the drawing board.

The Speedi-bleed kit is a great option. Makes bleeding so easy. the hardest part is raising the car and removing the wheels. Once the bleed kit is filled and installed It’s just a matter of opening the bleed fittings on the brake calipers, one at a time, then watching the stream of fluid go until there are no more bubbles and the color matches that of the new fluid added. For a complete flush, would suggest having 2-3 bottles of new fluid available. I used (1) but noticed the fluid coming out was good so didn’t do a longer flush, which may have taken a little more fluid.

The Speedo-bleed is currently on sale for $95.85

https://www.speedibleed.com/k900-honda-acura-brake-bleeder-kit.html

Good luck at your event!
I'm really curious with all the cooling mods you have added to see the end results! I need to order me that brake bleeding tool! I"m about to change out my pads, brake lines to SS and switch over to Motul brake fluid. Would love to learn how to bleed my own brakes so I don't have to take it to a shop.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R A8B40916-74A7-4546-BEF8-B71E4755889F
Finally took the car in for PPF and ceramic to be applied to the exterior pieces that were added and the replacement windshield.

Requested a clear heat resistant ceramic tint for the front windshield... But the shop applied a 70% tint :doh:

Looks good...hopefully it doesn’t give the PoPo a reason to pull me over. Knock on wood.:rolleyes:

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
A8B40916-74A7-4546-BEF8-B71E4755889F.jpeg
Finally took the car in for PPF and ceramic to be applied to the exterior pieces that were added and the replacement windshield.

Requested a clear heat resistant ceramic tint for the front windshield... But the shop applied a 70% tint :doh:

Looks good...hopefully it doesn’t give the PoPo a reason to pull me over. Knock on wood.:rolleyes:
Lol hopefully you can see out of that thing at night time! Car looks great though. Love the blacked out look.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R C1D99821-D328-4BED-B8B9-74F529D23D5D
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 4A04D9A0-70B2-4C97-B4C5-510D64333B2D

Heheh, yes visibility is still good I’ll edit in a night shot soon... however doing the 70% tint screwed me over. Mercury insurance was supposed to pay for it as part of the cracked windshield replacement.

Submitted the invoice for a $240 reimbursement and was rejected because tints on front windshields aren’t legal in California...

If it had been clear I think they would have covered it :banghead:

Lol hopefully you can see out of that thing at night time! Car looks great though. Love the blacked out look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R DEFF239F-DE22-4556-8032-1AF34F6229B5
Tried wearing one of these mosquito repellent wristbands last night while making final track preparations. They are $0.99 each at Lowe’s and are suppose to last 300 hours, if stored back in their ziplock pouch between uses. My wife and kid’s swear it keeps mosquitoes away, but I was skeptical....

But I really hate mosquitoes and was desperate. ?

Perform mods and maintenance in the morning or evening when it’s cooler. But mosquitoes are in full attack mode and have bitten me so many times this summer, I should have contracted West Nile. ?

Well, it appears the bracelet works. Didn’t see one mosquito working on car and didn’t get bit... However It was just one time so will have to try again to verify it wasn’t a fluke

?

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R BABAC9A8-5AF8-410B-A6E9-385C1C01887E
Well that’s the end of my warranty. ? Shot passed 36k miles today driving hard at Streets of Willow.

This photo is on the way home from the track.

Took the car to the dealer when it was still at 35,670 to show them issues with the clutch pedal (makes clicking sound when pressed) and driver’s seat adjustment lever (slips) and they agreed to address them when the parts come in, even though it will be over mileage. :bow:

Going to miss the warranty. Had several items taken care of over the course of (20) months and never was hassled, even though it was obvious the car was modded:
  • AC condenser and evaporator was replaced and system recharged after I messed it up during my first radiator install.
  • Engine cover gasket replaced.
  • Electrical harness was replaced after a connector broke (not by me)
  • Rear window seals replaced
  • Cleared up a noise issue with the driver’s side front wheel.
  • (2) wheel alignments after hitting a pothole and another going off at the track.
  • Several rock removals from the brake dust shield when they made noise. So annoying. Have not had the issue since replacing the OEM rotors and pads with Gyrodiscs.
  • Fuel pump replacement, though that is a safety recall.
Looked into the extended warranty, but doesn’t make sense for this car as many of the OEM parts have been replaced and will be having it tuned soon anyway :rolleyes:

Last edited: