- First Name
- Dec 22, 2018
- Reaction score
- 2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
- Build Thread
Whelp this has probably been the longest I’ve gone without updating this thread since it’s inception.
Been a hectic November to say the least. Election drama, work’s been busy, I turned (51), the holidays are upon us and oh btw, my youngest son bashed his toe pretty good on our trampoline.
Yep, that doesn’t look good. Partially dislocated and broken at the tip. Ouch
Fortunately we were able to get him in for surgery pretty quick to get his toe “modded”.
Yeah that looks so much better. Doctor inserted a pin to stabilize It. Asked for it to be titaniun, no dice. (jk).
Ended up withdrawing from the Chuckwalla 11/21/20 track day and from all accounts, missed out on a really fun time.
Am relieved to be up against a deadline. With no more track sessions scheduled, can get back to maintaining and modding the car. Still have a few items to knock out before wanting to get back out there:
- Reinstall the Motec ECU and resolve the engine tick.
- Possibly add flex fuel capability.
- Finally get the car tuned.
- Install JRZ coilovers and RV6 suspension gear. Purchased a nitrogen bottle, pressure regulator and the JRZ filling gauge. Still need a hose to connect the regulator to the Schrader valve on the gauge. What a pain.
- Add a remote drain valve for the Radium CCV catch can and re-route the PCV remote drain.
- Get the annual service for the ceramic coat.
- Replace any damaged underbody plastics.
- Remove bent rims and install new ones. Thinking to save the bent ones for track days and the new set for street use.
- Change transmission fluid.
- Change brake pads if needed.
Received an unexpected, but welcome message from Jacek Wisniewski (Carbon Zone Poland) checking if I was interested in one of his steering wheel offerings.
Asked for one like this. 50/50 CF and Alcantara. ETA hopefully within the next few weeks