Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Another angle of it installed. My buddy Boosted180sx suggests I put the stock on back on and use this only when I need a measurement, lol.
hey man, it doesn't flow as well as the stock one on that cover. :rofl:

maybe go buy a spoon valve cover and remove that valve cover "cover" and it might look better? lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s a cold shot hermano, lol. Ah well live and learn, haha. Kicking myself for not seeing the obvious fix and saving $89, heh.

hey man, it doesn't flow as well as the stock one on that cover. :rofl:

maybe go buy a spoon valve cover and remove that valve cover "cover" and it might look better? lol.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we all have bought something that we could have easily modded the OEM part and got the same thing... live and learn, happens to the best of us :p

-R

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R AC283108-3739-407E-BE40-94CC8DBA5E5A
Saw this posted on one of the Facebook CTR groups and had to chuckle and show my wife... coincidentally, I’ve been doing a lot of work around the house today ;)

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Boosted180sx brought his Type R over Sunday and we adjusted his front bumper, installed the nutsert needed for a potential HKS oil cooler and replaced a broken headlight bracket.

He took my car out for a couple spins around the neighborhood and commented on (2) items:

1. The Hasport 62A RMM was hardly noticeable in terms of increased NVH...Even at idle with AC on. This was my initial feedback also, but it was good to have a second (expert) person confirm. I probably have 300 miles on it, but it did not require any break in. Was smooth right off the get go. I did torque to proper specs and applied O-ring lube to the RMM bushings before install. Dunno if that helped.

2. The Acuity shifter with shifter cable bushing upgrade felt significantly better than his Acuity shifter alone. Game changer. Predicting bushings might be his next mod ;)

Anyone rocking the Acuity or Hybrid shifter, should strongly consider pairing them with their corresponding optional shifter cable bushings to get the full benefit of butter smooth shifts. Another Acuity owner at a recent CTR meet also noticed the difference of the full shifter + shifter cable bushings over his full shifter with the OEM bushings. O-ring lube was also applied to the bushings at time of install ;)

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Boosted180sx brought his Type R over Sunday and we adjusted his front bumper, installed the nutsert needed for a potential HKS oil cooler and replaced a broken headlight bracket.

He took my car out for a couple spins around the neighborhood and commented on (2) items:

1. The Hasport 62A RMM was hardly noticeable in terms of increased NVH...Even at idle with AC on. This was my initial feedback also, but it was good to have a second (expert) person confirm. I probably have 300 miles on it, but it did not require any break in. Was smooth right off the get go. I did torque to proper specs and applied O-ring lube to the RMM bushings before install. Dunno if that helped.

2. The Acuity shifter with base bushing upgrade felt significantly better than his Acuity shifter alone. Game changer. Predicting bushings might be his next mod ;)

Anyone rocking the Acuity or Hybrid shifter, should strongly consider pairing them with their corresponding base bushings to get the full benefit of butter smooth shifts. Another Acuity owner at a recent CTR meet also noticed the difference of the full shifter + base bushings over his full shifter with the OEM bushings. O-ring lube was also applied to the bushings at time of install ;)
Good to know there are other uses for the grease. I commented in another thread that Acuity acutally ships with food-grade lubricant (yummy). Always wondered what to do with the leftover after installation. Good call on the base bushings.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R img_0513-1-

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Final thoughts on the Superstik. Took a closer look in the daylight as that Si owner experiencing the fitment issue asked for a barrel measurement. It appears you can get pretty much the same thing by simply removing the plastic orange tip from the OEM dipstick, lol. I feel kinda dumb now (and $89 poorer) heh.
F258F312-065E-419A-A11C-693EE1FF4AB1.jpeg
Kicking myself now for not thinking of that before *bonk*

5D9BFC67-3AE7-4E2A-B0CB-51A9F3A142A8.jpeg

Another angle of it installed. My buddy Boosted180sx suggests I put the stock on back on and use this only when I need a measurement, lol.​
I was going to remove the orange cover on my stock stick, great minds think alike!:thumbsup: It is DEFINITELY hard to read with the orange plastic on it!​

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 719D0676-8E22-495E-AFBD-00B01D26643C

Whoa. Just missed getting a nasty curb rash on the new rims today....which would have been a major bummer. Messing up OEM 20’s is painful, but replacements are readily available. (In SoCal at least). Maybe I should pick up a spare TE37SL while they are still available... Just in case, sigh.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 6DB7F91B-380B-4BF7-BA2E-9BFB1346A899
Missed it by the hairs on my chinny chin chin. Was lucky this time and the wheel gods didn’t punish me. Didn’t realize I was this close to the curb *whew*

Last edited:

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Man!!! :confused1: That gives me nightmares!!:( I try to always back into parking spaces. Much safer to just pull out rather than backing out of spaces. Most accidents happen while backing out of parking spaces too!

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
719D0676-8E22-495E-AFBD-00B01D26643C.jpeg

Whoa. Just missed getting a nasty curb rash on the new rims today....which would have been a major bummer. Messing up OEM 20’s is painful, but replacements are readily available. (In SoCal at least).

6DB7F91B-380B-4BF7-BA2E-9BFB1346A899.jpeg
Missed it by the.hairs on my chinny chin chin. Was lucky this time and the wheel gods didn’t punish me. Didn’t realize I was this close to the curb *whew*
I'm getting anxiety just looking at those pics! :eek:

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heh, I actually drove forward into the stall, then turned towards the curb to maintain space from a parked car on the right, with the intent of minimizing chances of a passenger side door ding.

Front wheels had a decent amount of clearance, but that turn in adjustment nearly did me in on that rear wheel. Would have been an epic fail on my part, glad I can joke about it.

Based on the previous tire markings (they are not mine) that stupid curb has claimed numerous victims, :(

Man!!! :confused1: That gives me nightmares!!:( I try to always back into parking spaces. Much safer to just pull out rather than backing out of spaces. Most accidents happen while backing out of parking spaces too!
I'm getting anxiety just looking at those pics! :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fatherpain’s 2018 Type R 907694AB-0CFF-4598-BB00-41A7D4A59BE5
Received this free owner’s manual today, woohoo!

One would think these would come standard in the glove compartment, but they do not.

To get one, you’re supposed to order online within the first (6) months of ownership. That’s fine and dandy, but my dealership didn’t lmk, so I was well past the deadline when learned of this :(

Fortunately, someone posted on FB that the good folks at Honda will send a manual free, even if you are out of date.

Gave it a shot and hey, it’s true. I’m at about (15) months :)

Here is the link to order if anyone is interested:

https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-in...uCz8L8OgswjrVwTODcE0RXUTz-zgkAOFKqFHstA_BfCNA

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
907694AB-0CFF-4598-BB00-41A7D4A59BE5.jpeg
Received this free owner’s manual today, woohoo!

One would think these would come standard in the glove compartment, but they do not.

To get one, you’re supposed to order online within the first (6) months of ownership. That’s fine and dandy, but my dealership didn’t lmk, so I was well past the deadline when learned of this :(

Fortunately, someone posted on FB that the good folks at Honda will send a manual free, even if you are out of date.

Gave it a shot and hey, it’s true. I’m at about (15) months :)

Here is the link to order if anyone is interested:

https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-in...uCz8L8OgswjrVwTODcE0RXUTz-zgkAOFKqFHstA_BfCNA
I recently got one as well. My dealership checked my VIN for any recalls and they said the manual was the only "recall" i had.
Sponsored