Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport (Sedan)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I went to a shop and asked for a quote on chrome delete on my coupe and they wanted to charge me $450 ? He tried to convince me that they have to take off the doors … i was like wtf and laughed. He was like well it is 3m brand so thats why. After I said no thank you he was like, I’ll do it for $350 instead… People are crazy. I’m not sure if business was slow or because of how young I look but wow! Any recommended sites y’all wanna recommend me? Let me know. Thanks!
Wow, crazy prices! I can get smoked/blacked out taillights+headlights+fogs for around 250-300$ but deleting chrome around windows for 450$?!

I did mine with this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/806213673/2016-2021-honda-civic-window-chrome

Good quality, easy to install (no need heatgun - survived many washes, survived snowy winter) and you can choose your body style/color ??
Sponsored

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to a shop and asked for a quote on chrome delete on my coupe and they wanted to charge me $450 ? He tried to convince me that they have to take off the doors … i was like wtf and laughed. He was like well it is 3m brand so thats why. After I said no thank you he was like, I’ll do it for $350 instead… People are crazy. I’m not sure if business was slow or because of how young I look but wow! Any recommended sites y’all wanna recommend me? Let me know. Thanks!
I got my chrome delete kit from Jets Vinyl off Etsy. He’s very reasonable. And it wasn’t hard to do by yourself. Just take your time. And go slow. And do it on a day that’s not relatively hot like what I did. It’s best to do it on a cloudy day ? or in the shade. Lol I was sweating so bad because I didn’t have a cover over my car and it was really hot lol but I also live in Florida too lol

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I got my chrome delete kit from Jets Vinyl off Etsy. He’s very reasonable. And it wasn’t hard to do by yourself. Just take your time. And go slow. And do it on a day that’s not relatively hot like me. Lol I was sweating so bad because I didn’t have a cover over my car and it was really hot lol but I also live in Florida too lol
Just to add to what Jen said...

I'd recommend doing this either on a cloudy day or early in the morning. Working with that vinyl in direct sun will cause it to stretch, making it difficult to work with. Ask me how I know. :cool:

Last edited:

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Upon several requests, we have posted an instructional on installing our Civic Sedan/Civic Coupe front grill Chrome Delete Kit. Sorry if you don't care for the background music. You can always use the volume control.

is it a bad idea to vinyl the front grill in two pieces like that>? with a crease and seperation at the bend? seems to me that wont look good and be more apt to peel there..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.