feinburgrl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan EX BLACK
Country flag
Do you know if there is a way to get fast charging when using CarPlay? I do deliveries with my car and my battery drain very fast when using the the port that I can use CarPlay. I just got the 2020 Honda Civic EX. Little upset that I can't use the port that make CarPlay work and have my iPhone online the full time.
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
It’s draining while plugged in? That’s odd. I’ve never experienced that. Even while navigating and streaming music simultaneously on a long trip.

thatcaveman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Something must be wrong with your port. I’ve only seen my battery go up while using CarPlay. Even if it’s only for a 10 minute drive.

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Probably a battery issue with your iPhone. I would use Maps, Apple Music and charge my phone at the same time with no issues

OP
OP
feinburgrl

feinburgrl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If I keep the screen off I have no issues but if I have th screen on for Uber the battery drains.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
If I keep the screen off I have no issues but if I have th screen on for Uber the battery drains.
Have you tried a different cable, maybe you're using a low quality one?

I just did a 500 mile road trip each way with my Google Pixel 2XL with Android Auto going for Waze AND Google Maps on the phone (Waze for cops and Google Maps for lane direction, plus extra cop protection), still kept my phone charged up to 100%.

OP
OP
feinburgrl

feinburgrl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you tried a different cable, maybe you're using a low quality one?

I just did a 500 mile road trip each way with my Google Pixel 2XL with Android Auto going for Waze AND Google Maps on the phone (Waze for cops and Google Maps for lane direction, plus extra cop protection), still kept my phone charged up to 100%.
I'm using the cable that came with the car.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm using the cable that came with the car.
If your phone is losing charge while plugged into USB, the first things you need to do is try another cable, and test it with another charger. If that doesn’t work, it’s either your phones charging port (unless it charges and does everything else fine, easy to rule this out) or your phone is consuming too much power for the USB port to deliver enough power to keep it charged. If you want my honest opinion, it’s the ladder.

As an example, if I plug my iPad into my iPhone charger and use it for anything, it’ll charge stupid slow if I leave it alone, or it’ll stay the same or drain slowly when I’m working on it. It doesn’t provide enough power to keep it charged. If I use it to stream my Wifi Camera or for movies, it’ll be like I don’t even have it plugged in.

Your best bet is to just accept the fact that’s the nature of the beast. You can’t get fast charging on just a USB port in a car. The ideal way to do it would be to plug your phone into the car when it’s at 100%, because at that point it’s doing a trickle charge, and you might stand a better chance at keeping it topped up.

Or get a battery pack with fast charging built in, get a phone mount, and sacrifice CarPlay.

Otherwise, i got nothing sorry.

stevebinh

Stevebinh
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a wireless dongle off amazon for like $80 but well worth it, so I can charge it on a normal iphone cable with a higher amp adapter. Its also just nice to have it wireless and it auto connects via wifi and bluetooth. No delays that i've seen but well worth my money. Got it off amazon too you might want to look into it.
Sponsored