wardt5

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Hello all,

Not sure if this has already been on a thread. I have had my si for about 2 weeks now and it has been doing something a little odd recently. When I get out my car, it will beep at me as if I were to leave my keys in it when I walk away. I have the walk away lock feature turned on, but sometimes it doesn't lock because it thinks the key is still inside. I will be going to the dealership tonight to pick up my "green" slip and to tell them about this problem and about my apple car play being extremely buggy... does anyone else have either of these problems? If so, how do I fix them? Thank you!
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The fast beep usually indicates the car is running or in acc mode while you are walking away with the key.

OP
OP
wardt5

wardt5

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
The fast beep usually indicates the car is running or in acc mode while you are walking away with the key.
That makes sense, but when I get out I turn off the car and everything is off at the time of me walking out.

dredsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe , 2017 CRV Ex
Country flag
Mine does this sometimes I think it's a factor of the key moving in and out of the range, it also does it when I get groceries out of the trunk. I just use it as a cue to think if I've forgotten anything so it's feature!

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Coupe, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the same problem and it's been driving me crazy because I kept thinking something was wrong and couldn' figure out why. If I turn off the auto lock will it stop the rapid beeping?

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I have also found that I have to open and reclose the driver's door to clear my beeping lately. I wonder of the "door closed" sensor is out of adjustment

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I have the same problem and it's been driving me crazy because I kept thinking something was wrong and couldn' figure out why. If I turn off the auto lock will it stop the rapid beeping?
I turned mine off mostly because of this -- haven't heard it since.

I have also found that I have to open and reclose the driver's door to clear my beeping lately. I wonder of the "door closed" sensor is out of adjustment
Yeah that was one other annoyance that was killing the joy of that feature for me...
I don't think it's the sensor problem; I think it's the "mismatch" in timing between the signal from the door being closed and the radio signal from the fob.
After I turned that feature of, as much as I love it in the beginning, -- I've never looked back; life's nice and simple again! :)

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I turned mine off mostly because of this -- haven't heard it since.

Yeah that was one other annoyance that was killing the joy of that feature for me...
I don't think it's the sensor problem; I think it's the "mismatch" in timing between the signal from the door being closed and the radio signal from the fob.
After I turned that feature of, as much as I love it in the beginning, -- I've never looked back; life's nice and simple again! :)
I turned off the frustrating and annoying "walk away auto-lock" feature in my Ridgeline within days of purchase. I turned it off in my Civic Si before I left the lot.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea what @Curtman said. When you get out of the car you need to pause for the single beep, before you walk away. Otherwise it can't find the fob and beeps at you.
^^^ This. For the past week or so I have been pausing after closing the door and waiting for a single beep. I have not heard the rapid beeping once. Previously I would get the rapid beeping several times per week.

Thanks for the tip! It is a shame that my local Honda dealership did not know of this solution.

maxvelocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
If you walk away too fast it doesn't lock and does the rapid beeping. You have to close the doors, wait a second, here one beep, then walk away. Then you will here another beep and it will lock.
Thanks. This has been driving me crazy since I turned on auto lock

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have never had an issue with the auto lock feature. Like the person above I have had it beep like that after I got in and pressed the start button. But that was one time and it still started without issue and acted like normal after.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
hmmm the only time I get fast beeping is when I start the car and get out, but only if the door gets closed after I get out while still holding the key. I use the autolock as well and I can sprint away from my car after closing the door and do not get the fast beeps.
Sponsored