First Name
Abbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hello all,

Not sure if this has already been on a thread. I have had my si for about 2 weeks now and it has been doing something a little odd recently. When I get out my car, it will beep at me as if I were to leave my keys in it when I walk away. I have the walk away lock feature turned on, but sometimes it doesn't lock because it thinks the key is still inside. I will be going to the dealership tonight to pick up my "green" slip and to tell them about this problem and about my apple car play being extremely buggy... does anyone else have either of these problems? If so, how do I fix them? Thank you!
Sponsored

Abbie269

First Name
Abbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I was having the same problem. What I did, was go to the setting, "Key and Remote Unlock all Doors" so that I could now manually lock and unlock my doors. I'm hoping that fixed the problem. My reasoning behind that is that when the door was automatically locking with me inside, when I tried to get out, it thought I was already outside, so it beeped. Hope that makes sense. Let me know if that solved your problem.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Agree... if you walk away 'too fast' you get out of range and get the rapid beeps.... This happens for me ~ 50% of the time... Prob better to just turn off the auto lock feature.

Last edited:

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm surprised nobody mentioned it (though TBH I barely skimmed, so I might've just missed it)

you can get the fast beeps if the battery in your key is dying. Try a new battery and see if that fixes the issue. GL!

Abbie269

First Name
Abbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Agree... if you want away 'too fast' you get out of range and get the rapid beeps.... This happens for me ~ 50% of the time... Prob better to just turn off the auto lock feature.

DAVEEVAD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
First, leave the auto lock feature on! People are always checking door handles, in every neighborhood. Better safe than sorry.
Second, I don't have scientific evidence but I have observed my phone disrupting the auto lock feature when it gets between the fob and the car. Sounds dumb but the beeping had been happing about 30% of the time, from the moment I picked up the car (so the battery was brand new). My keys stay in my pocket but if I put my phone away (pocket) before I step away from the car, the car doesn't lock. I my phone stays in my hand, above waist level, it locks near 100%.
Just my observations though.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have observed my phone disrupting the auto lock feature when it gets between the fob and the car.
ā˜? This is my suspicion as well.

Abbie269

First Name
Abbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I have the same problem and it's been driving me crazy because I kept thinking something was wrong and couldn' figure out why. If I turn off the auto lock will it stop the rapid beeping?
That's what I did - I turned off the auto lock and no problem! :)
Sponsored