First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Had my 17 Si Sedan for two years.

Decided I wanted a bigger/more comfortable car with an auto again.

Picked up a 2016 Acura TLX 2.4L .

It's super comfy and I have hung up my third pedal.

Thanks for the good times.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Congrats. I did the same thing, last Sunday I said goodbye to my 2018 Si and bought a 2010 Lexus IS 350. I had a year of fun, but damn am I happy now (sorry MT, I love you but my legs don't)

OP
OP
T_A_H

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats. I did the same thing, last Sunday I said goodbye to my 2018 Si and bought a 2010 Lexus IS 350. I had a year of fun, but damn am I happy now (sorry MT, I love you but my legs don't)
Yeah, I tend to do this every five years or so it seems

Get a stick, get tired after a few years, get an auto, repeat.

This time might be the last though.

This car might be slower on paper than my Civic but when you factor in fatigue and general laziness it's faster than me in my Civic 90% of the time.

It definitely feels nice to hear the Honda 4 cylinder VTEC again

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yeah, I tend to do this every five years or so it seems

Get a stick, get tired after a few years, get an auto, repeat.

This time might be the last though.

This car might be slower on paper than my Civic but when you factor in fatigue and general laziness it's faster than me in my Civic 90% of the time.

It definitely feels nice to hear the Honda 4 cylinder VTEC again
Yeah I hear you. For me it was several things. I got tired of hearing and feeling all the bumps on the road. Loud noises on the highway. My wife complain the car is too loud or it's too bumpy. Having to shift in traffic. Being to tired to drive after a long day. Also I wanted to go back to a smooth V6 engine.

In a few years who knows, I may pick up a used one and mod the crap out of it

OP
OP
T_A_H

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I hear you. For me it was several things. I got tired of hearing and feeling all the bumps on the road. Loud noises on the highway. My wife complain the car is too loud or it's too bumpy. Having to shift in traffic. Being to tired to drive after a long day. Also I wanted to go back to a smooth V6 engine.

In a few years who knows, I may pick up a used one and mod the crap out of it
yeah, i get that. the new acura is super quiet inside compared to the Si. Definitely feels less sporty and definitely feels like dadmode with the wood trim, LOL

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Didn't even know they had 4 cyl ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

OP
OP
T_A_H

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Didn't even know they had 4 cyl ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Test drove the 3.5L and while it definitely has more power, I liked the 8spd DCT better

The 2.4l is e K24W7 206hp/184tq

The transmission shifts very fast

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Just picked up a new 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchback XSE this week, myself. Although it canā€™t handle or is as quick as the Si, itā€™s a overall better car in quality and looks inside and out, I think. Itā€™s also a pleasure to drive and not have to worry about the jerky 1st to second shift and awful rev hang. Only negative about it is no available sunroof, but Iā€™ll hopefully get used to that.
Still have the Si, but I may sell it, as itā€™s becoming a pain in the ass to own for a whole host of reasons

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up a new 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchback XSE this week, myself. Although it canā€™t handle or is as quick as the Si, itā€™s a overall better car in quality and looks inside and out, I think. Itā€™s also a pleasure to drive and not have to worry about the jerky 1st to second shift and awful rev hang. Only negative about it is no available sunroof, but Iā€™ll hopefully get used to that.
Still have the Si, but I may sell it, as itā€™s becoming a pain in the ass to own for a whole host of reasons
I have to admit, that hatch is the first Corolla I've ever been impressed with. Nice car. Congrats.
I've always been a fan of those IS's. Nice choice. :thumbsup:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

Congrats on your your TLX. I was looking at one before I got the civic ( plus a few other cars)
Does it have have the four wheel steering? I drove an older prelude with it it was pretty cool

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going to a car that's 9 yrs. old, doesn't make sense to me.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Congrats on your Toyota. I just got offered a position in the parts department of a local Toyota dealership I think Iā€™m taking it I will be keeping my civic

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
why is it becoming a pain in the ass to own?
Sponsored