First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I considered the Camry, but ultimately it felt really disconnected.

And as much as I liked the 17 Si, the 1990 Accord EX felt the most connected to the road and light on its feet. Something about it just felt visceral. I know in every metric the Si was better, but the old Accord felt better.
I had a ‘93 accord myself. Coupe, white w blue interior and 5 speed. Had 33k on it when I got it and drove till 155k when I sold it for 5500 on the original clutch and never a problem. ‘91 integra gs before that. Funny thing is my ex wife also had a ‘91 accord coupe that was white on blue and manual. 157k on hers when she sadly totaled it but never a problem either.

Love Acura too. You get more luxury but still have that connection with the road and driving experience.
Sponsored

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've always had hondas.. Accord, CRX, Si's, Integra GSRs and an RSX-S. It's all prefs. I feel connected to the road and the driver enjoyment experience is great imho. In a perfect world I'd have an older lux sedan to cruise in and the Si for fun. But it doesn't make sense financially. I have other priorities in life. Maybe I'll switch it up next time. The IS350 is a nice car :thumbsup:
Agreed. Same here.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The Si is not for everyone or even Honda. Honda’s have always had a firmer ride, been noisier, allow more road feel through the brakes, steering etc.. Honda and Toyota have long been big rivals. Honda has always offered a sportier feel for the ones who enjoy driving. Toyota has always offered that numb and quiet driving experience for those that see a car as a means of getting from a to b. This has been true for years and imo still is. To each his own.
I drove an Accord V6, it was pretty much quiet and smooth like a Camry with slightly better road feel and stiffer steering. I have no problems owing either, both are comfortable it would come down to price

OP
OP
T_A_H

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
I think we can all agree the H and A emblems all look better than that weird T :rofl:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Toyota emblum sucks. I mean, it looks better than Ford and GM, but that isnt saying much.
Ha ha where your loyalties lie will never be mistaken. Hopefully the L emblem looks better then that sucky T :)

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The Honda emblem has always looked the best. Lexus emblem is just OK.

Are there any Lexus cars with a 6MT option anymore?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Unfortunately not. You would have to pickup a 90's or early 2000 IS 300

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Actually you can get the IS 250 with the 2.5L V6 with 6 speed MT up to the 2008 model

Honda Civic 10th gen Farewell Civic Si Community.... IS 250 MT.JPG

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I think a lot of people who get rid of their Si's for a more boring/appliance type of vehicle will eventually miss their Si's.
@zroger73 can attest to the above comment.
Indeed I can! The 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT that I traded my 2017 Si sedan for was faster and more comfortable, but less entertaining.

I then tried to combine a 2017 Ridgeline and 2018 Accord into a 2019 RDX, which turned out to be the most disappointing Honda product I've ever owned due to engine, transmission, and infotainment system problems.

I'm currently back in a 2019 Ridgeline and looking to add a 2019 Miata Grand Touring manual as a second vehicle (when I can find one - they're as rare as Civic Type R's!)

Earlier this year, I bought a couple of motorcycles and a scooter. A few weeks ago, I was rear-ended while riding one of the motorcycles by a distracted driver. I'll eventually heal, but the motorcycle was totaled. I've been riding motorcycles since I was a child, but this event prompted me to sell my other motorcycle and give up commuting on them on public roads - there are too many idiot drivers texting, eating, and applying makeup. For me, the reward is no longer greater than the risk.

Last edited:

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I'm on same frequency - tried and tried, but got damn tired of the Honda-programmed Rev-Hang Issue - now don't have to deal with it and have the bulletproof K24 non-turbo with 8-speed DC Auto..........nice to hear - has the old-style Manual Parking Brake Handle - even has a CD Player...........2019 ILX A-Spec - very similar in many ways to my 1987 M5 I bought new and drove for 10 years and 75,000 miles

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I'm on same frequency - tried and tried, but got damn tired of the Honda-programmed Rev-Hang Issue - now don't have to deal with it and have the bulletproof K24 non-turbo with 8-speed DC Auto..........nice to hear - has the old-style Manual Parking Brake Handle - even has a CD Player...........2019 ILX A-Spec - very similar in many ways to my 1987 M5 I bought new and drove for 10 years and 75,000 miles

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Indeed I can! The 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT that I traded my 2017 Si sedan for was faster and more comfortable, but less entertaining.

I then tried to combine a 2017 Ridgeline and 2018 Accord into a 2019 RDX, which turned out to be the most disappointing Honda product I've ever owned due to engine, transmission, and infotainment system problems.

I'm currently back in a 2019 Ridgeline and looking to add a 2019 Miata Grand Touring manual as a second vehicle (when I can find one - they're as rare as Civic Type R's!)

Earlier this year, I bought a couple of motorcycles and a scooter. A few weeks ago, I was rear-ended while riding one of the motorcycles by a distracted driver. I'll eventually heal, but the motorcycle was totaled. I've been riding motorcycles since I was a child, but this event prompted me to sell my other motorcycle and give up commuting on them on public roads - there are too many idiot drivers texting, eating, and applying makeup. For me, the reward is no longer greater than the risk.
Savagegeese just did a review of the 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6 speed manual, his biggest complaint was the suspension was to soft. I really liked the Si, but between the road noise, having to deal with a manual in traffic and not being very comfortable took it's toll. For me the IS 350 Sport is the perfect compromise between performance and comfort. The suspension can handle performance driving, yet is comfortable and isolates you from bumps, potholes and road imperfections. If you close the windows you are isolated from road and engine noise, and when you step on it its 306 HP V6 puts a smile on my face.

I had my one year, 3 months and 17K miles of fun with the Si, now it is putting a smile on someone else's face

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went from a 2003 Infiniti I-35 - smooth 6 cylinder, automatic, comfortable leather to my '17 SI two years ago.

40,000 miles later, I can say that I am happy with my Honda about 98 % of the time. Bad traffic sucks
no matter what you are driving unless it is a self driving car (never!).

A quieter and better ride is not that big a deal. I can still carry on a conversation, or easily hear the radio even at low volume.
I am not getting beat to death, even in Sports mode, just not the level of suspension isolation as in some cars.

If anything, I sometimes miss the comparative rawness of some past cars I have owned. We are talking MGB, MR2, etc.
Even with their 'flaws' they had character for weeks and came with a sense of joy not easily found in most of today's offerings.
Sponsored