Farewell and Thanks, It's been a pleasure.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Well, today was the day. After a lot of reflection and considerable test driving I have, after 40 years, left the Civic Touring Coupe and the Fit behind. Traded today for a CRV EX-L in Platinum White Pearl. The Civic's 40 profile tires and harsh ride finally got to my 73 year-old back. My wife was sufficiently impressed by the ride & quietness, that she traded our (really her) EX-L Fit for a similar CRV EX in Obsidian Blue, she liked the smoother & quieter ride, she also grew to dislike the leather seats and solid rear axle. As Honda is apparently getting out of making coupes, figured it was time to make the switch.
This has been a great forum, and I'll truly miss the good information and friendly banter, so thanks & farewell!!
Phil F
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, feel free to stick around. You're still in the Honda family. And good luck with the new ride.

OP
OP

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Phil, feel free to stick around. You're still in the Honda family. And good luck with the new ride.
Thanks, that's appreciated. The CRV forum covers all 5 generations of CRV's, its interesting reading about the "teething" issues in the early generations. My EX-L rides like a limousine compared to my Touring Coupe, but it still feels freaking HUGE compared to the Civic, the room inside is impressive, so far the build quality seems excellent. I've also changed dealers, so many have left, I hardly know anyone there at the dealer I used for 35 years, so I'm building new relationships, so far, so good......but that's what the guy who jumped off a 40 story building said to the people as he passed each floor..

HILNDAR

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe sold. 2020 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Thanks, that's appreciated. The CRV forum covers all 5 generations of CRV's, its interesting reading about the "teething" issues in the early generations. My EX-L rides like a limousine compared to my Touring Coupe, but it still feels freaking HUGE compared to the Civic, the room inside is impressive, so far the build quality seems excellent. I've also changed dealers, so many have left, I hardly know anyone there at the dealer I used for 35 years, so I'm building new relationships, so far, so good......but that's what the guy who jumped off a 40 story building said to the people as he passed each floor..
What’s the best crv forum? Thx

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
What’s the best crv forum? Thx
Crvownersclub
Just dont expect heavy modding info like civicx lol