JohnCivic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2018
Country flag
Hello everyone, I bought my Civic HB with the fanfare already installed on the car, didnt notice until I took the bumper off.
Well my horn is not there so I need to either 1) buy a new one or 2)Fix the fanfare

Any idea of what could be the issue with it? I am pondering if its easier to just remove it and buy a new horn.
Or if I should try to fix it, if the work is already been done, any feedback is appreciated as always legends.

Have a good day.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fanfare doesnt make any noise fanfare1
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
To my eye... that's an air horn. The compressors that power these cheaper horns are notoriously unreliable and fail quickly. Plus... I'm not sure the horn circuit supplies enough power to run it. Given that... you should obviously inspect the horn fuse. It may be as simple as that.

OP
OP
JohnCivic

JohnCivic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2018
Country flag
To my eye... that's an air horn. The compressors that power these cheaper horns are notoriously unreliable and fail quickly. Plus... I'm not sure the horn circuit supplies enough power to run it. Given that... you should obviously inspect the horn fuse. It may be as simple as that.
So it could be a compressor failure? What would that even mean buying a whole new unit?

I am pretty sure it's this then, probably easier to take it out and install a normal new horn.
Thank you for your help! =)

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Consider adding a section of this stuff. We call it 'gutter guard' in the US. It's the stuff that goes on top of rain gutters to keep the leaves out. The AC condensers in our cars are kinda' vulnerable to road debris. It looks really bad in this photo (mine). But it really disappears once it's installed. Bests, -sg

Honda Civic 10th gen Fanfare doesnt make any noise IMG_20190621_192725

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Consider adding a section of this stuff. We call it 'gutter guard' in the US. It's the stuff that goes on top of rain gutters to keep the leaves out. The AC condensers in our cars are kinda' vulnerable to road debris. It looks really bad in this photo (mine). But it really disappears once it's installed. Bests, -sg

IMG_20190621_192725.jpg
I do . Easy and cheap