Fan speed adjustment for Turbo

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
Country flag
Can you change the fan speed using the knob or do you have to use the screen when you want to raise or lower the fan speed? For something that is used so frequently, I don't want to touch the screen every time. The knob works with on the EX and I was hoping the Turbo was the same.
Sponsored

Last edited:

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I just put it in auto and put temp higher if I want it slower and temp lower if I want fan faster. You can't really feel the temp difference

Last edited:

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I just put it in auto and put temp higher if I want it slower and temp lower if I want fan slower. You can't really feel the temp difference
Ive been doing this too. Way easier. I think you meant lower temp for faster fan though haha

OP
OP

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I may be confused by the pictures of the climate controls. Does the EX Turbo right knob say "Push/SYNC" or "Push/ON/OFF"? Honda Civic 10th gen Fan speed adjustment for Turbo 2016-honda-civic-first-drive-sg-33-1280x720 Honda Civic 10th gen Fan speed adjustment for Turbo 20151207_132103

Or does the EX has the "Push/ON/OFF" knob.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Turbo says sync, it has dual climate control while I'm guessing the EX just has single setting. The sync function puts the left and the right side in sync and both can be changed with just turning the left knob. You can see in those pictures there are two temp indicators on the top corners while the ex only has one on the left

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I may be confused by the pictures of the climate controls. Does the EX Turbo right knob say "Push/SYNC" or "Push/ON/OFF"? 2016-honda-civic-first-drive-sg-33-1280x720.jpg 20151207_132103.jpg

Or does the EX has the "Push/ON/OFF" knob.
My ext is like the top picture, I usually turn sync and auto on, 75-80 is usually a good temp. But when I first start up car when its really hot I just turn the auto knob all the way to low, then adjust as it gets cooler.

OP
OP

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK, so the only way to change the fan speed from lo to hi on a Turbo is to use the climate screen and touch which setting you want?
The EX fan speed can be controlled using the knob.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
OK, so the only way to change the fan speed from lo to hi on a Turbo is to use the climate screen and touch which setting you want?
No turn the auto knob, it adjusts temp as well as fan speed.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
you can control the fan speed by using auto mode and adjusting the temp using the drivers side temp control knob, OR use the screen if you want. The passenger side knob on the EX is strictly fan controls only.
Sponsored