First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Needed to get two new front tires, immediately, and went to a local shop and ended up landing on the Falken Azenis FK510's. I was looking for all-weather, but the guy steered me towards these tires and said they will be fine for the winter (ie. won't crack etc.) despite being summer tires. I had the stock eagle sports on and they were pretty terrible in the winter. I've never run winter tires in the past and would like to continue that for now since I am a broke grad student. I'm not expecting great traction in the snow, I just don't want to damage them. How high is the risk of cracking/ damaging the treads if used for a few months of mild-moderate winter temps/conditions?
Sponsored

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use these tires and I love them! My shop said don’t use in winter. I was told there is risk of damaging tires if used in freezing conditions. I personally will not use them in winter. I use my factory good years for winter. You could ask Falken directly if you are still on the fence. Don’t forget about traction and safety not only impacts to the tire material.

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
PA can get a good amount of snow, enough where I would want to have a set of winter tires. Even a set of used winters would perform better than these Falkens with a significant snowfall. You can drive with these in the winter as long as you don't drive like a maniac, but there might be times where Mother Nature catches you slippin'. For those times, I'd rather be prepared.
Sponsored