EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Wonder if theres a way for retractable wings. Flushed and then go slightly up at certain speeds. Yea i like that spoiler too. Great job.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sanded for it to get painted and i actually like how it came out looking flat black.
I really like those. I'm not sure if I like them because they blend in really well with the color of the bumper, or because it looks so much better than stock. Maybe both. For that color car, they look absolutely perfect. For any other color, I just want the vents to go away. :)

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
I really like those. I'm not sure if I like them because they blend in really well with the color of the bumper, or because it looks so much better than stock. Maybe both. For that color car, they look absolutely perfect. For any other color, I just want the vents to go away. :)
Vents to go away...if it were possible..maybe take out the rear garnish and somehow filled it back in with a metal panel. Perhaps counter sunk screws around the cover or bondo it up completely and repaint bumper ? So many ideas. Hopefully next gen wont have them or at least make them functional.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vents to go away...if it were possible..maybe take out the rear garnish and somehow filled it back in with a metal panel. Perhaps counter sunk screws around the cover or bondo it up completely and repaint bumper ? So many ideas. Hopefully next gen wont have them or at least make them functional.

Hey EtRcarguy, I finally did it! Thoughts?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fake vent ideas rear
Honda Civic 10th gen Fake vent ideas rear2
Honda Civic 10th gen Fake vent ideas rearleft

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Hey EtRcarguy, I finally did it! Thoughts?

rear.jpg
rear2.jpg
rearleft.jpg
Dude that looks clean..i actually like it. Its different. Did u overlay a cover over honeycomb or did you cut out entire cut out entire honeycomb inplace of a backer? Great job and i like the paint match.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude that looks clean..i actually like it. Its different. Did u overlay a cover over honeycomb or did you cut out entire cut out entire honeycomb inplace of a backer? Great job and i like the paint match.
Thanks! Took a dremel with a cutting wheel to the vent then switched over to a grinding stone to clean it up then ran some 200 sandpaper over it to finish up by hand. I used galvanized sheet metal from lowes and cut it down so it was just bigger than the opening, then I wrapped the sheet metal with my silver wrap I had left over from my wing. It gets pinched in there when you install so I didn't have to physically attach it to the vent frame. I should've snapped a few pics though.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Thanks! Took a dremel with a cutting wheel to the vent then switched over to a grinding stone to clean it up then ran some 200 sandpaper over it to finish up by hand. I used galvanized sheet metal from lowes and cut it down so it was just bigger than the opening, then I wrapped the sheet metal with my silver wrap I had left over from my wing. It gets pinched in there when you install so I didn't have to physically attach it to the vent frame. I should've snapped a few pics though.
Wow thats good. Very nice job. U know..iv been thinking of vinyl wrap as well. Im working on some front overlay garnishes and looking at yours i would have not notice the difference from paint to vinyl. Looks awsome jtrader. Give u lots of props cause i know the time and effort doing that.

Last edited:

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I much prefer opening the vents using mesh. The above looks like an empty picture frame IMO.

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Someone on 10th gen si Facebook page makes and sells there for all body styles. Has anyone tried them?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fake vent ideas Screenshot_20200717-113620_Facebook

Honda Civic 10th gen Fake vent ideas Screenshot_20200717-113617_Facebook

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Not sure, here's one with a velocity stack on it. It says to.message him on Instagram. You can see his name in the pics below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fake vent ideas Screenshot_20200717-122911_Facebook

Honda Civic 10th gen Fake vent ideas Screenshot_20200717-122905_Facebook