First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport - White
Country flag
Hey guys,

I drive a 2017 Hatch Sport and I’ve been looking around trying to find some type of aesthetic mod product that covers up the fake vents and more or less smooths it into the shape of the bumper.

There are a few concept photos floating around and I really like how they look.

Does anyone know if anyone is making a product to this effect?

Any ideas on this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fake Vent Coverup DBA7B87B-9281-42A8-B960-A9DC22071F60

Honda Civic 10th gen Fake Vent Coverup BFC8E4AD-C100-41A7-81E4-7329760881CE

OP
OP
Musha

Musha

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gotcha, that thing looks sweeeeeet. Too bad there’s not a normal HB version. That would be a serious bag to drop for a HB sport tho... I don’t think I’d do it ?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I feel like the only way it could be done would be to remove the bumper, remove the vents, and try to fill/mold the voids with that steel mesh and body filler stuff. Then have the whole thing repainted. Would probably be expensive, time consuming, have no structural integrity, and look like dogshit haha

OP
OP
Musha

Musha

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahahaha!! Not to mention extra weight added. My minds been running through what it would take to make something like that go down. Kinda hoping someone else has done that so we can see how it turned out...

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
It does look a lot better without the big vents. Just get rid of the big wing now and I might buy one.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get the vents are polarizing but that back end looks terrible that smooth. The front isn't much better either. With the design of the car's lines, something needs to occupy those spaces or else it looks off.

OP
OP
Musha

Musha

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You’ve got good points. Super clean and super edgy are simply to areas on the spectrum of design and this car is super edgy. Honestly that is what drew me in to buy it. It really is a tremendous stylistic statement that would be very weird to simply “delete”, and I must also mention I’m really not a fan of the sedans design either... much prefer the hatchback bumper styling. BUT, if it were to be completely uniform and flowing in design with the rest of the bumper maybe it could look okay. But as you said, Geeek, the body lines around the vent area add so much character, so smoothing those out would probably hurt it more than help it.

Either way, there are an abundance of discussions of opinions relating to the fake vents, and there seems to be the majority of people who dislike them. Here, I just want to see if anyone has done anything about their gripe and see if it looks dope or nope.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Hey guys,

I drive a 2017 Hatch Sport and I’ve been looking around trying to find some type of aesthetic mod product that covers up the fake vents and more or less smooths it into the shape of the bumper.

There are a few concept photos floating around and I really like how they look.

Does anyone know if anyone is making a product to this effect?

Any ideas on this?

DBA7B87B-9281-42A8-B960-A9DC22071F60.jpeg

BFC8E4AD-C100-41A7-81E4-7329760881CE.jpeg
I just want to express my love for the yellow color above. The only color that I might want over the red.:thumbsup:

If I wanted to tone down the vents, I would pull them out and paint them the body color. They would then be only as much visible as on a black car. It would also be relatively easy to fill and cancel the honeycomb before painting. Or get the newer part without the honeycomb.

But I like my fake vents. I would actually rather paint the surface of the honeycomb red, to make it stand out more.:headbang:

OP
OP
Musha

Musha

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s an interesting look. In the white one, it definitely seems to take away from the sporty look. Which is fine if that’s what you’re going for but I personally am really missing those dimensions and angles looking when I look at it.

Nice finds.

Here’s what it looks like with the vents body color on right and gloss black on left.

2D9AE745-59CC-4675-9864-F7B9CDB969F3.jpeg
Here’s a concept where it keeps all the angles and styling but just fills in the vent area.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Same here but I'm starting to realize that the body lines and accents around the vents actually look amazing, especially in the rear. The front vents really complement the fog lights as well. Of course I would love to go back to the oversimplified styling of the 90s, but our 10th gens look great for what they are.

It's also interesting that there's several comments in the civicxi 11th gen reveal thread where people say the car looks way too boring now. I bet if honda used the 11th gen styling for the 10th gen and we never had these ridiculous vents and aggressive styling, nobody would have said much. But now that it's going away I think we can start to appreciate it a little.
I agree with you here. I feel that filling in the fake vents will give the Civic HB more of a Prius look .... just my 2 cents.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with you here. I feel that filling in the fake vents will give the Civic HB more of a Prius look .... just my 2 cents.

Ouch. :bonk: :)

I disagree though.
Sponsored