Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
its funny how all the non civic type r owners are bombarding this thread with comments justifying why the type r sucks or has useless aero or why they deserve to don a red badge on their civic ex .

Its ok to be a pretender with your base civics or si i understand we all want to live that fantasy or live the dream thinking they drive a fast honda because of a badge

i get it.

The fact is your base civic or si will never match a type r or around a track

now stop wasting your money on accessories and buy a real track car
Nobody actually uses the red badge to act like they have a type r though you have it all wrong. It’s literally a color preference that people have. Nobody thinks”oh let me put the red Honda badge so people will think I have a type r”
It just looks better than the chrome badge that’s all.
Sponsored

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
The front vents are functional and so is the hood.
why do you think they are not ? i only paid 10k more and got a car with better handling , power, and resale value than any other honda made today.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fake CTR Spotting 22E65090-4BDD-4438-B368-C99D2EAE8B21

Does this gigantic vent look functional to you? It’s blocked off just like on the regular civics. Mine has it too

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
I agree with this. I love variety and my posts were mostly in response to the poster that said they’d like a dressed down type r without the wing or a smaller one etc.

Not the front vents they’re not functional. Why are you bringing up the Si anyway? I never compared the Si with the type r? Lol calling my car garbage just cause I said the type r is exaggerated. Btw I never said I don’t like the type r I just wouldn’t spend near 40k for one.
Seeing as you are in DFW you weren’t trying hard enough to find one close to or at msrp. I paid well under $40k for mine in Fort Worth.

The type r does have over the top looks, I think we would all agree on that. But the constant belittling of the fk8 by non fk8 owners is comical in this thread. Who gives an F if all of the vents aren’t functional? Every damned car in every price bracket has nonfunctional bits on them.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Nobody actually uses the red badge to act like they have a type r though you have it all wrong. It’s literally a color preference that people have. Nobody thinks”oh let me put the red Honda badge so people will think I have a type r”
It just looks better than the chrome badge that’s all.
you non type r owners are funny. kinda reminds me of someone who is in the closet but cant come out of the closet
22E65090-4BDD-4438-B368-C99D2EAE8B21.jpeg

Does this gigantic vent look functional to you? It’s blocked off just like on the regular civics. Mine has it too
lol this guy trying to act smart

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Seeing as you are in DFW you weren’t trying hard enough to find one close to or at msrp. I paid well under $40k for mine in Fort Worth.

The type r does have over the top looks, I think we would all agree on that. But the constant belittling of the fk8 by non fk8 owners is comical in this thread. Who gives an F if all of the vents aren’t functional? Every damned car in every price bracket has nonfunctional bits on them.
I do like the SI this is coming from a type r owner, if they made it a hatchback i would have bought it and modded it, but its too bad the clutch made in india would have slipped and broke after using hondata stage 1 , the suspension is boring and isnt even close to the same class as the type r suspension , but non the less i would have gotten it for 25k at 0.9% financing and the lease specials are outstanding now . I am sure this will only increase the type r resale value even more. After paying down my car in 3 years my type r will be worth 25k+ while the SI i might buy one for 12k and use it as a second junker

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
does this get the stamp of approval?
Honda Civic 10th gen Fake CTR Spotting s-l1600
I'd actually consider this if I hit 300+HP after a big-turbo kit.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
you non type r owners are funny. kinda reminds me of someone who is in the closet but cant come out of the closet

lol this guy trying to act smart
This fuckin guy questioning folks sexuality. Mkay.

But I agree with you on the front vents. It's not that big fake plastic "vent", there's actually a channel under the bumper that breathes air into the brake system.

Though I seriously doubt a Type R would hold any kind of resale value with the miles you could put on any other model. The rarity of the old Type R Integra doesn't exist in this situation, thus the market will reflect that. Still, we're dealing with a $35k car. It's like folks being super proud of their baseline Corvette. GTFO.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag

I really wasn’t looking to spend that much anyway. This is just a daily commuter for me and is the whole reason I even considered a Honda in the first place.
Lol why are you acting like you’re better than everyone cause you have an R? Typical douche
I never said I didn’t like the car it’s obviously a great track performer. I think you guys got off track here. All I was doing was agreeing that it would be nice to have the option of getting a dressed down type r. And that a big wing isn’t necessary when you could have a smaller one with the same downforce.
Also I used the gti as an example because it was able to get around the track with 300 hp and simple aero and post a time very close to the type r with a top speed of 165 mph but I guess you’re right, if it had a big wing it would get the extra 3mph:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I like this "Fake" CTR

FK7 Photo courtesy of JAS Motorsports
honda-civic-tcr-2018-slide02.jpg
I doubt anyone is going to call this a fake anything.....looks like the real deal to me-a bonified track car. I think those are slicks, great front air dam, very low rocker panels, nice high wing to keep the rear end planted at speed, and a roll cage. And I think I see what might be the edge of a rear diffuser. Lightweight OZ wheels. Don't know what's under the hood or what the suspension set up is, but I would think a good number of CTR owners would love to have that car...i know I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.