Faint Groan Sound from Front Suspension HELP

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Experiencing an issue usually in the morning or night where there would a groaning sound in the front suspension and the steering wheel would not feel smooth turning into driveway, or at slow speeds at a drive thru.

Took the car to Honda today to have them take a look, they said nothing appeared to be damaged or anything wrong, but wouldn't investigate further since I'm on Eibach Sportlines. They charged me for the diagnostic fee since it voids warranty and recommends that I change back to stock springs so they can further take a look.

Anyone experience this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Feels like binding sound. Check if the spring is seated under the top hat properly and torque it down

OP
OP
MrCivicHatch12

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Feels like binding sound. Check if the spring is seated under the top hat properly and torque it down
Would that require taking out the springs ? I didn't install it myself as I took it into a shop for installation.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would that require taking out the springs ? I didn't install it myself as I took it into a shop for installation.
Take it to the shop they will rectify it. Also, contact Eibach as I read somewhere that they were having some issues with springs and replacing them when customer contacts them.

OP
OP
MrCivicHatch12

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Take it to the shop they will rectify it. Also, contact Eibach as I read somewhere that they were having some issues with springs and replacing them when customer contacts them.
Thanks. Ill contact them and have them take a look. Ill also look into contacting Eibach. Do you know the exact issue that was related to the springs if you happen to remember?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. Ill contact them and have them take a look. Ill also look into contacting Eibach. Do you know the exact issue that was related to the springs if you happen to remember?
No, I don't remember but some one posted on this forum that Eibach exchanged it for him

OP
OP
MrCivicHatch12

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
No, I don't remember but some one posted on this forum that Eibach exchanged it for him
okay gotchu. thanks! In the meantime, I have a video I recorded today that was a lot more noticeable than the previous video.

Last edited:

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Sounds like something telegraphing through the steering column from the power assist rack

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i dont have that exact noise but the one i have is the same situation. narrowed it down to the top mounts. honda charged me too. they lubed them but it came back.

OP
OP
MrCivicHatch12

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
i dont have that exact noise but the one i have is the same situation. narrowed it down to the top mounts. honda charged me too. they lubed them but it came back.
Honda charged me and told me to change back my springs lol. Were you able to fix the problem after the noise came back?

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda charged me and told me to change back my springs lol. Were you able to fix the problem after the noise came back?
i have been unable to do this. i need to buy the parts and find a shop.

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
You have a bad CV joint
Sponsored