Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Sounds like to me when the engine is pulling a load the engine shifts slightly just enough to make contact occur between two adjacent parts. I have heard others say it's the clutch line touching something on the way down? On my car I hear it around my knees/feet, but I seldom rev that high so it's not a pressing issue for me. It is irritating though.
Sponsored

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Sounds like to me when the engine is pulling a load the engine shifts slightly just enough to make contact occur between two adjacent parts. I have heard others say it's the clutch line touching something on the way down? On my car I hear it around my knees/feet, but I seldom rev that high so it's not a pressing issue for me. It is irritating though.
It’s driving me nuts. I usually drive around 3000-3500 rpm and it’s just there. Sounds metallic and it’s coming for the driver’s engine bay.

so far this is what my mechanic did:
-check all heat shields
-suggested that it was the q300 due to harmonics, so I changed to the Oem catback
-checked the lines

The exhaust shop thinks it could be the hasport 62a rear mount. I don’t have a chance to switch it to the Oem yet but I don’t think that’s the problem

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s driving me nuts. I usually drive around 3000-3500 rpm and it’s just there. Sounds metallic and it’s coming for the driver’s engine bay.

so far this is what my mechanic did:
-check all heat shields
-suggested that it was the q300 due to harmonics, so I changed to the Oem catback
-checked the lines

The exhaust shop thinks it could be the hasport 62a rear mount. I don’t have a chance to switch it to the Oem yet but I don’t think that’s the problem
My noise doesn't occur until around 4.5 to 5K and above in normal traffic I see no need to rev that high in 1st or 2nd lol. I usually shift at the same point you do. But mine is quiet at those rpms.
And my car is utterly bone stock, because when I sell it it won't have a strong "race car usage" aroma, lol. People are naturally suspicious of rice looking cars like ours anyway and I don't want to give them any excuse to lowball me on trade/sale.
My point being mine does it with OE only so I don't think it's your exhaust...but do you remember the noise occurring before the new exhaust?

Last edited:

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
it certainly could be the rear motor mount as those tend to give off more nvh.