Faint buzz or vibration when acelerating.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
around 4000 rpm and above I hear what sounds like an exhaust shield rattle under my left foot area. Sounds like a resonance at that particular exhaust note. Haven't bothered to see what it is. Otherwise no noises I can't account for.
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
around 4000 rpm and above I hear what sounds like an exhaust shield rattle under my left foot area. Sounds like a resonance at that particular exhaust note. Haven't bothered to see what it is. Otherwise no noises I can't account for.
Stock or aftermarket exhaust?

Joerodd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ramona 2020 Si Sedan Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Active Sound Control is something that the CTR owners here, including myself, don't have, so it can't be that. I agree with it coming on around 3K RPM though. That's when I start to hear it.
I just realized this was on the type r forum, so dont mind my Si comments lol. Yea that active sound control is a little annoying. Not as bad as I expected, but noticable.

Cranium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just noticed this over the past week as well. Same sound and is driving my crazy. I'm almost positive it's this part 36300-RPY-G013-M3 (Vacuum Pump Assembly). I was able to feel the buzz with my hand (while it was parked) against the surface plate. I just bought mine back in Mid March and have about 525 miles on it so far.
Honda Civic 10th gen Faint buzz or vibration when acelerating. IMG_5029.JPG

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
I just noticed this over the past week as well. Same sound and is driving my crazy. I'm almost positive it's this part 36300-RPY-G013-M3 (Vacuum Pump Assembly). I was able to feel the buzz with my hand (while it was parked) against the surface plate. I just bought mine back in Mid March and have about 525 miles on it so far.
IMG_5029.JPG
Did you have to do any adjustments? Or not possible and the sound is still there?

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, but I’m the type of person dying to know what’s going on inside of there. I’ll be taking it to the dealer.
Please let me know what you hear from them. I thought it was maybe because of my intercooler install, or when I brought it to the dealer to adjust my CMC because of the clutch vibrate/buzzing noises but it's entirely possible it was always there, I just never paid attention until it got warm enough to drive with windows down.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2006 SI Coupe
Country flag
Please let me know what you hear from them. I thought it was maybe because of my intercooler install, or when I brought it to the dealer to adjust my CMC because of the clutch vibrate/buzzing noises but it's entirely possible it was always there, I just never paid attention until it got warm enough to drive with windows down.
I believe this sound comes from the gear driven high pressure fuel pump which is very close to the vacuum pump, I only really noticed the noise after my mishimoto intake install but like everyone else it may have been present all along.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just tried to take a video but the sound never got picked up :( I'll have to try again maybe when it's more quiet outside etc. Notice it very easily at low RPM like 2-3k.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
I bought a used 2018 2 weeks ago. Has a faint buzzing somewhere middle left. Im sure its the same noise all of you are hearing aswell. Ive brought my car to 2 different dealerships. 1st one had their master tech come out and check the car with me (i held the revs in neutral) he said hes pretty sure its the high pressure fuel pump and believes its normal.

Second dealership the advisor wanted to confirm the noise before opening a work order. He acknowledged the noise but believed it was normal. We road tested another 2018 they had on their lot for sale and it made the exact same noise. I wouldn't stress too much over it. Its annoying but its "normal"

Edit - car is 100% stock

Cranium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I bought a used 2018 2 weeks ago. Has a faint buzzing somewhere middle left. Im sure its the same noise all of you are hearing aswell. Ive brought my car to 2 different dealerships. 1st one had their master tech come out and check the car with me (i held the revs in neutral) he said hes pretty sure its the high pressure fuel pump and believes its normal.

Second dealership the advisor wanted to confirm the noise before opening a work order. He acknowledged the noise but believed it was normal. We road tested another 2018 they had on their lot for sale and it made the exact same noise. I wouldn't stress too much over it. Its annoying but its "normal"

Edit - car is 100% stock
Thanks for the information! Yes, this is annoying, but good to know!

Emertxe

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you ever get that fixed? The exact same buzz appeared in my CTR this morning, only have 450 miles on it. Don't know if I should try taking it to the dealer or just live with it.

CTRismybeater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 E90 M3 & 2019 FK8 CTR
Country flag
This is an artifact of the performance vs price point if these cars. Get used to it and expect more regardless of mods.
Sponsored