Faint buzz or vibration when acelerating.

NMEDRAN7

First Name
nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 2003 SE, Honda Civic Type R 2019 RR
Country flag
AM
Have 1.2k miles on the car but recently just started hearing this sound. I'm not sure if it's me going crazy . Also not sure if maybe its it's normal and I just never noticed due to the music . I have provided a video. You have to listen to it closely. It's a buzzing whiny sound only comes on under acceleration.
Sponsored

Mugen_515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
Country flag
Yep i noticed the same thing in mine. Not sure the cause. Probably poor quality or assembly honestly. Of course these cars will become buzz bombs and rattlers. We paid for performance not quality fit and finish.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Just heard this for the first time today with windows down. Only thing is I recently just took off my bumper to install my new intercooler. Was hoping I didn't cause it but maybe?

EvanMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #2019, 2017 RAV4 Hybrid
Country flag
Honestly my HVAC causes a sound similar to a bad power-steering pump - that slow whine. It's been replaced and got about 20% better, but still crappy. The whining rises and falls with revs.

When the HVAC is off, there's no whine. Try that...

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I run currently with no HVAC and the whine is still there upon acceleration :(. Only noticeable when windows are down.

mdm24

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I run currently with no HVAC and the whine is still there upon acceleration :(. Only noticeable when windows are down.
My left sided front and mid speakers buzz on acceleration sometimes and if I push on them it stops it usually. Anyone hearing that too?

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My left sided front and mid speakers buzz on acceleration sometimes and if I push on them it stops it usually. Anyone hearing that too?
I can try that later, but when I noticed this faint buzz or vibration on accel it definitely sounds like it's from outside as I can't hear it when windows are up. I'll post back though!

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To the people who have this problem.. any mods on the car? I only really noticed after I installed my intercooler. Wondering if it was just coincidence though.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone else with this issue? Feel like I notice it way more now that my windows are down a lot cause of the weather :( Was it maybe something I did when taking off bumper to install my intercooler?

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
i would say that i've started experiencing this about half a year ago. to me it sounds kind of like radio interference or 'buzzing'. Haven't noticed it anymore i guess you can say i've grown to ignore it.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i would say that i've started experiencing this about half a year ago. to me it sounds kind of like radio interference or 'buzzing'. Haven't noticed it anymore i guess you can say i've grown to ignore it.
I've tried this for sure with nothing on but I'll try to take a video and see. It happens at like every range, but naturally if I'm driving harder I hear more engine than I hear the buzzing.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
i think i hear the sound in the video, i've always just chalked it up to one of the noises from the engine and doesnt bother me. Reminds me of the older civic I had. Either the valvetrain or HPFP/injector noise.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had this for awhile now, no idea what it is. Happens when decelerating as well.

Joerodd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ramona 2020 Si Sedan Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I just noticed this morning. It seems to come under acceleration and over about 3k RPM. I thought it could be behind the dash, but I also thought about that fancy noise thing they did to so you can hear "the motor" in the cabin.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just noticed this morning. It seems to come under acceleration and over about 3k RPM. I thought it could be behind the dash, but I also thought about that fancy noise thing they did to so you can hear "the motor" in the cabin.
Active Sound Control is something that the CTR owners here, including myself, don't have, so it can't be that. I agree with it coming on around 3K RPM though. That's when I start to hear it.
Sponsored