NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
I'd classify that as neglect. But yes, you're correct, it isn't just anti-lag and two stepping that contribute to failures.
I think it is Important, not mean to be royal but Important. Imagine someone tuned his Civic, no matter how light the tune is, how safe he drive style is, if he fed his car junk food, gonna say bye bye soon or later.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
I must admit that Good Oil is not cheap, relatively expensive like Amsoil, Redline Oil, Moty's Oil, HKS Oil and etc. Premium fuel charges more than cheap fuel too, but this is reality that we have to pay regularly for the rest of life every week/weeks/months.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the amount of brake boosting and launching I've done in mine and also Myx has done, I am actually more of the opinion of perhaps its proper maintenance.

I am not sure about how frequent Myx changes his fluids but I've changed my CVT fluid out so many damn times now.

The failure of the CVT I would guess is when the oil in there breaks down and no longer lubricates properly and or the friction molecules have broken down so much that it just causes damage to the belt/chain and cones.

For those with CVT failures I really wish some of those folks could just crack open the dang thing and observe what went wrong.

Were there alot of metal shaving observed in the fluid? Did the fluid look too dirty or diluted? Were the filters inside the CVT clogged too much which limited flow and thus lubrication? etc...

From what I understand is that when you brake boost in a CVT, you are creating alot of heat in the transmission which the fluid retains and with high heat the fluid and its chemicals breakdown faster and then without the proper lubrication and so forth you accelerate wear/tear and damage the transmission.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
4th gear exploded on me Friday night... ?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Manual Transmission blown? ?o_O
Meth+Turbo upgrade?
No meth this time. Haven't run that stuff for awhile. I do have more fuel tho, eman fuel system. Running 32 psi from a gtx2860r.

4th gear gave out pulling onto the highway. Went from 3rd to 4th, light throttle only 8 psi, I noticed a sound and 3 seconds later it tore apart.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
No meth this time. Haven't run that stuff for awhile. I do have more fuel tho, eman fuel system. Running 32 psi from a gtx2860r.

4th gear gave out pulling onto the highway. Went from 3rd to 4th, light throttle only 8 psi, I noticed a sound and 3 seconds later it tore apart.
First of all, I want to say sorry to hear that bro, as Civics Users ?
32 Psi ? for stock Internal and Stock Clutch transmission?

May I know how long have you been running this setup and how often you use up to 32 Psi?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

May I know how long have you been running this setup and how often you use up to 32 Psi?
Hes not on stock clutch or stock internals

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Hes not on stock clutch or stock internals
Yeah no way he is in stock.

May I know how much the power on dyno?
It is shocking me ya know.
The most craziest yet realible from Tuning House Company I know is Spoon Sports with 275 Bhp and 400 Nm, claimed realible for daily use.

Engine L15C stock internal with no upgrade, stock transmission with clutch upgraded only and Radiator+thermostat upgrade, that's all combined with Hondata.
I don't know what the differences between L15C and L15B7, conrod? piston? cylinder head?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Lost the stock block running 36 psi, e35 and meth. This happened August 2019. I was running the fx350 clutch

I currently have the twostepperformance block and type R retrofit clutch. I probably use the full 30psi+ 10 times out of the year, ethanol is hard to get in Maine.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah no way he is in stock.

May I know how much the power on dyno?
It is shocking me ya know.
The most craziest yet realible from Tuning House Company I know is Spoon Sports with 275 Bhp and 400 Nm, claimed realible for daily use.

Engine L15C stock internal with no upgrade, stock transmission with clutch upgraded only and Radiator+thermostat upgrade, that's all combined with Hondata.
I don't know what the differences between L15C and L15B7, conrod? piston? cylinder head?
if you read his signature haha

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Hahaha what signature? XD
There's a signature on comments when you're on a computer. I don't think they automatically show if you're on a mobile device tho.

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
With the amount of brake boosting and launching I've done in mine and also Myx has done, I am actually more of the opinion of perhaps its proper maintenance.

I am not sure about how frequent Myx changes his fluids but I've changed my CVT fluid out so many damn times now.

The failure of the CVT I would guess is when the oil in there breaks down and no longer lubricates properly and or the friction molecules have broken down so much that it just causes damage to the belt/chain and cones.

For those with CVT failures I really wish some of those folks could just crack open the dang thing and observe what went wrong.

Were there alot of metal shaving observed in the fluid? Did the fluid look too dirty or diluted? Were the filters inside the CVT clogged too much which limited flow and thus lubrication? etc...

From what I understand is that when you brake boost in a CVT, you are creating alot of heat in the transmission which the fluid retains and with high heat the fluid and its chemicals breakdown faster and then without the proper lubrication and so forth you accelerate wear/tear and damage the transmission.
What are you using for CVT fluid? Im close to 30k now, but tuned 5k ish ago. Thinking I should get it done for peace of mind. I was going to just bring it to the dealer since I get a pretty good discount on maintenance there, but wondering if the oe fluid they'll use would even be worth the visit
Sponsored