Not open for further replies.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
why don't you flash back to stock and get it retested? You only have basic bolt ons. Stock should be able to handle those bolt ons even if its just temporary for inspection.

OP
OP
Jwc413

Jwc413

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
why don't you flash back to stock and get it retested? You only have basic bolt ons. Stock should be able to handle those bolt ons even if its just temporary for inspection.
That’s exactly what I have to do I have an appointment on Saturday

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They just called and said I was flagged for emissions tampering. I have to flash back to stock tune and get retested
Tampering... this is a bit of bullshit. I've been emissions tested with a tune and the emission related parameters come up just as clean as if I was untuned. My only other engine "mod" is a drop in filter/silicone intake hose. The tune itself really won't change the results of an OBD-II readout.

To me, tampering should mean removing actually emissions equipment like a catalytic converter.

For the recond, my state (Maryland) is one of those stares using the California emissions standards.

https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/air/mobilesources/pages/states.aspx

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Oh damn I bought the race hondata not CARB you think that matters
Suspect it's the tune more than the "box" - flash back to stock and see if the Cat Ready eventually comes on - could take 50 or more miles to clear and you'll show a reset in the info box at the top of the printout (shouldn't be a problem unless the referee wants to investigate - I've never tuned and info resets due to loss of power etc.)

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Tampering... this is a bit of bullshit. I've been emissions tested with a tune and the emission related parameters come up just as clean as if I was untuned. My only other engine "mod" is a drop in filter/silicone intake hose. The tune itself really won't change the results of an OBD-II readout.

To me, tampering should mean removing actually emissions equipment like a catalytic converter.

For the recond, my state (Maryland) is one of those stares using the California emissions standards.

https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/air/mobilesources/pages/states.aspx
The tune itself can disable certain codes which would cause some of the issues OP is seeing from the OBD-II readout. For example, if you have an aftermarket downpipe, it could (typically would) throw a code since the cat has been modified. Hondata has an option to just disable the code, but that makes the car read not emissions ready for the catalytic converter. The typical reason for doing this is if you actually did tamper with your emissions equipment. Hence the call OP received since he doesn't have the readiness code for that particular part of the emissions test.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
as has been stated by others, flash back to stock, drive enough to get the sensors to be ready and get tested, you'll pass

Deleted member 44294

Hey guys I just got my car inspected today and live in Massachusetts. I failed emissions for reprogramming my ecu. I have prl intake prl intercooler and charge pipes, hks catback exhaust, and phearable stage 2 tune. Now I have to schedule an appt for a motorist assistance center to look at my car. Just a heads up for anyone living in Massachusetts and and want to tune your car youre going to go through some bs for inspection
Sorry it did not pass but this is our new reality): here in California the same problem exists if you have an aftermarket tune and it is not carb and smog legal it’s an automatic fail until you return it back to your stock tune

OP
OP
Jwc413

Jwc413

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I have 2 more questions I hope they’re not too dumb but would I fail for having an aftermarket stock tune? And the other question after I pick fk8 factory settings another screen pops up where I can check off a box next to my prl intake. Would I fail if I check that box off? Would it be better just to leave it all stock?
Honda Civic 10th gen Failed inspection for having a tune 6A35C5F0-E01C-48D2-AAE4-8EEABE3B131A
Honda Civic 10th gen Failed inspection for having a tune D08BA527-DFF7-44B2-B088-E806813155D8

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If it was me with your situation, I'd put the stock airbox back on and revert to the factory tune at this point for your re-test.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
just flash to factory stock. I don't think the intake needs a tune but to be 100% sure, its easy enough to remove that as well.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I have 2 more questions I hope they’re not too dumb but would I fail for having an aftermarket stock tune? And the other question after I pick fk8 factory settings another screen pops up where I can check off a box next to my prl intake. Would I fail if I check that box off? Would it be better just to leave it all stock?
6A35C5F0-E01C-48D2-AAE4-8EEABE3B131A.jpeg
D08BA527-DFF7-44B2-B088-E806813155D8.jpeg
Honestly, I'd just keep it at the normal stock tune. None of your mods should throw a code on a stock tune. Once you pass the test, then you go back and do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.