Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Wax, polish, ceramic coat. Black trim restorer.

Reactions: Jeh

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would attempt to polish it first, if nothing then move up to a compound (then polish) and see what happens. As far as I know, trim restorer will only really work on matte plastics not the glossy plastic on our Civics. Might be wrong though, if you do decide to use a trim restorer pick up "Solution Finish" its the best around.

Probably better off buying a new one if its affordable.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Is that cover under manufacturer defect liability(warranty)? If is a permanent damage, I would return to the dealership and ask them to change a new one.

OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Is that cover under manufacturer defect liability(warranty)? If is a permanent damage, I would return to the dealership and ask them to change a new one.
The dealer is giving me a hard time, should I keep pressuring them? They are saying it can get buffed/polished up but I don't think so considering they already tried. It was definitely there before I purchased it. I also found some repair receipt regarding some bumper damage they forgot to mention inside the glove department.

To be honest it's not that noticeable from afar but I kind of don't like the fact that they sold me a not so new car.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
rear.jpg

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
you don't, you bring it back to the dealer and tell them WTF and they will order this piece for you. The car came in your hands like that? you did not noticed it when you took possession of the vehicle?

OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you don't, you bring it back to the dealer and tell them WTF and they will order this piece for you. The car came in your hands like that? you did not noticed it when you took possession of the vehicle?
Only the day after when I got it because it was pretty dark when I picked it up.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only the day after when I got it because it was pretty dark when I picked it up.
Yeah no this is not acceptable you paid for a new car, hold your own dont let it slide...they owe you a replacement part and free install.

On my previous 2016 coupe it came with scratches on an interior panel...big ones not like minor...they replaced it...and the month after the long light bar in the back had condensation in it...water...they also replaced it.

OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah no this is not acceptable you paid for a new car, hold your own dont let it slide...they owe you a replacement part and free install.

On my previous 2016 coupe it came with scratches on an interior panel...big ones not like minor...they replaced it...and the month after the long light bar in the back had condensation in it...water...they also replaced it.
Will do and thank you for the advice.

wanDUH

First Name
wanDUH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback,1999 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
That sounds like something similar to what happened to me when I bought my car brand new. The dude that washed the car before It was handed over used like a razor blade to get the tag on the back window off and cut a deep cut into the side of the hatch part. I brought it back and complained. They had to give me a rental to repaint the car. There were so many scratches on it and like you..it was dark when we did the walk around.

But definitely take it it back to the dealer. If they don't wanna do anything about it. Ask them for corporates number. That always gets the ball rolling hahaha

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The dealer is giving me a hard time, should I keep pressuring them? They are saying it can get buffed/polished up but I don't think so considering they already tried. It was definitely there before I purchased it. I also found some repair receipt regarding some bumper damage they forgot to mention inside the glove department.

To be honest it's not that noticeable from afar but I kind of don't like the fact that they sold me a not so new car.
Def pressure them into paying for replacements. Call HQ if you need to.

OP
OP

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: I just wanted the black trim changed, but I think the dealer is going to end up swapping the entire bumper out. Thanks a lot for the advices everyone.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Good to hear you're getting it sorted, a new bumper sounds a bit excessive though. It looks like someone was cleaning it with something abrasive so maybe it would have polished back out.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Update: I just wanted the black trim changed, but I think the dealer is going to end up swapping the entire bumper out. Thanks a lot for the advices everyone.
Good to hear. If has not swapped out the entire bumper yet, drop an email to the dealer what was being transpired/agreed. With black and white, they will not turn around.
Sponsored