Pdpawlak09

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type-R
Country flag
I’ve noticed a couple areas where there is defects underneath the clear coat. Not noticeable from 10 feet away but there is 3 or 4 spots like this. Anyone else experience this? If so did you have the stealership fix it? Still deciding how much it bothers me lol

(it’s the part that looks like mountain peaks)
Honda Civic 10th gen Factory paint defects? 94BD6E07-5A51-4E44-8828-762A246BF3BF
Sponsored

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I would go to the dealer and let them know, the panel is plastic and the entire thing can be replaced. I would not have that repainted if it is indeed a paint defect.

Go to a detailer / PPF shop and they can give you a professional opinion and have it written down.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate to admit it but Honda paint ain't the thickest. It's the reason why my CTR and even our FIT have at least front PPF coverage (CTR has a bit more - e.g. rockers, spoilers etc..)

Am anal about my cars always looking clean. PPF is highly recommended for those with the same thoughts. This added protection definitely makes my driving stress free!!! LOL!!!

The FIT had PPF since new (Sept., '14). With close to 50k miles, the hood has been saved from chips/dings countless times. Totally a worthwhile add-on.

PPF is just so expensive...........hard to justify these cars.
Agree it ain't cheap.
Had to weigh the costs vs. keeping my sanity in seeing road debris damage. Worth every penny, in my particular case!!! In addition, since none are leased or financed, also plan to keep these cars fairly long.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Hate to admit it but Honda paint ain't the thickest. It's the reason why my CTR and even our FIT have at least front PPF coverage (CTR has a bit more - e.g. rockers, spoilers etc..)

Am anal about my cars always looking clean. PPF is highly recommended for those with the same thoughts. This added protection definitely makes my driving stress free!!! LOL!!!

The FIT had PPF since new (Sept., '14). With close to 50k miles, the hood has been saved from chips/dings countless times. Totally a worthwhile add-on.
PPF is just so expensive to have professionally installed when compared to the price of these vehicles. It’s hard to justify for these cars.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
How much it is to replace the whole hood compared to the price of coating it with some wonder protection?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are plenty of threads answering your question that don't derail this one.
I don't care if you feel derailed. Still one of the options for dealing with paint problems and damage is to eventually replace or repaint the whole part. The protective coating services seem to me invariably overpriced and underperforming.

OP
OP

Pdpawlak09

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type-R
Country flag
Another related question.. the dealer I purchased from is far away. Would any Honda dealership be able to submit a claim for it? The two of three spots that are noticeable are on that plastic panel with the emblems. Wouldn’t mind them ordering it then I replace it myself.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another related question.. the dealer I purchased from is far away. Would any Honda dealership be able to submit a claim for it? The two of three spots that are noticeable are on that plastic panel with the emblems. Wouldn’t mind them ordering it then I replace it myself.
You are never bound to the dealership where you purchased the car. American Honda is warrantying your car and I don't think the dealer messed up the paint.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 typeR
Country flag
I’ve noticed a couple areas where there is defects underneath the clear coat. Not noticeable from 10 feet away but there is 3 or 4 spots like this. Anyone else experience this? If so did you have the stealership fix it? Still deciding how much it bothers me lol

(it’s the part that looks like mountain peaks)
94BD6E07-5A51-4E44-8828-762A246BF3BF.jpeg
i have a defect on the roof, so little base coat its not white but greyish. I didn’t bother to get it fix since it would probably end up looking worse.