First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Hi All,

New here and I have a 2021 civic sport 8 speaker stereo, no factory amp or center dash speaker. Yesterday I installed 2 new sets of infinity reference series component speakers, to replace the factory component setup front and rear, along with an infinity amp. Now I can't get any music out of the speakers.. I ordered this from Crutchfield and after some troubleshooting, they are sending me two paks of 33-ohm and 47-ohm resistors to wire in that should make it work. Our assumption is that the factory radio, 7" display, is muting itself.

If anyone has any experience with this any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Following… I’m in the same situation but haven’t ordered any speakers yet. So did you replace all 8 speakers? I was considering just replacing the larger speakers with some good full range ones but am not sure if the oem setup has a crossover to remove the highs from the larger speaker. I would do the tweeters too but according to Crutchfield there aren’t any tweeters that are a direct fit and I am not thrilled with the idea of having to glue them in place or something.

OP
OP

Jimhockey74

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The obvious first question for tech support: Is it plugged in properly? How did you run the speaker signal from the head unit to the amp to the speakers?

OP
OP

Jimhockey74

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
The obvious first question for tech support: Is it plugged in properly? How did you run the speaker signal from the head unit to the amp to the speakers?
All is hooked up correctly according to wiring diagrams and Crutchfield, but apparently with various factory head units if the resistance load isn’t the same as original you get no music. Honda in this case mutes the radio so that is why Crutchfield is sending out the two different ohm resistors as mentioned in initial post. Apparently dodge/Chrysler and GM have this problem also from what I have read.

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Did you try to just use the speaker adapters to see if it will work with the factory wiring without the amp in the mix?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I guess we have to "wait and see".

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm gonna' ask a dumb question.

Do you have the input level selector set to 'hi 1' or 'hi 2'? Set incorrectly; the factory radio would shut down to protect itself. Also... are you sure that the amp itself is turning on? And is it going into protection mode itself? Sometimes those amps require the 'remote wire' to be connected even if you have selected the speaker level sensing option for turn-on.

OP
OP

Jimhockey74

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I guess we have to "wait and see".
Ya I will update after Wednesday when they get delivered and I install one
I'm gonna ask a dumb question.

Do you have the input level selector set to 'hi 1' or 'hi 2'? Set incorrectly; the factory radio would shut down to protect itself. Also... are you sure that the amp itself is turning on? And is it going into protection mode itself? Sometimes those amps require the 'remote wire' to be connected even if you have selected the speaker level sensing option for turn-on.
Yes, we have tried the HI2 as Infinity says, but nothing. LO1 gave us a constant sound that was loud and HI1 was the lower same sound. No music on now though.

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, we have tried the HI2 as Infinity says, but nothing. LO1 gave us a constant sound that was loud and HI1 was the lower same sound. No music on now though.
I'd be curious what would happen if you had the 'Hi 2' selected but then rebooted your radio.

OP
OP

Jimhockey74

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I'd be curious what would happen if you had the 'Hi 2' selected but then rebooted your radio.
You mean by disconnecting the negative cable x number of minutes? If so, we had it off for over 10 hrs doing the install and had the amp set to HI2 when we reconnected and started the car. It definitely did a full boot then with security features and not too mention the car safety systems were disabled for a few minutes while they were reinitializing.

otherwise I don’t know how to reboot it.
Jim

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe you can reboot by holding the power button down until prompted. Or you can pull the radio fuse under the hood.

I mean... try it if ya' want. Or try it again with the switch in the HI 1 position. Or wait for the resistors. Best of luck. And please report back once you've got it sorted.

OP
OP

Jimhockey74

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I believe you can reboot by holding the power button down until prompted. Or you can pull the radio fuse under the hood.

I mean... try it if ya' want. Or try it again with the switch in the HI 1 position. Or wait for the resistors. Best of luck. And please report back once you've got it sorted.
Ok I’ll give it a try
Thanks
Sponsored