FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
A related article to the post above. How often does the updates on the Japanese model translate to the one for the States?

https://news.goo.ne.jp/article/kurumanews/trend/kurumanews-214493.html
I'm not sure, I know with other brands, the Japanese model doesn't completely translate to the American. We see this often with Subaru and their motor displacement of JDM vs USDM. What I do find interesting in the English translated article is:

In order to enhance the performance limit of running on the circuit, the engine cooling performance and braking performance have been improved...
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
I'm not sure, I know with other brands, the Japanese model doesn't completely translate to the American. We see this often with Subaru and their motor displacement of JDM vs USDM. What I do find interesting in the English translated article is:
clayky said: ↑
https://hondanews.com/en-US/release...civic-type-r-breaks-cover-at-tokyo-auto-salon

Thanks! Standard sensing! No pricing though.
  • 2020 Civic Type R for U.S. market launching later this winter
  • Refreshed model includes multiple performance improvements, with revised aerodynamics, engine cooling, suspension, and upgraded brakes.
  • Multiple exterior and interior styling enhancements, plus standard Honda Sensing®

01-2020-honda-civic-type-r-1200x751-jpg.jpg
02-2020-honda-civic-type-r-1200x800-jpg.jpg
03-2020-honda-civic-type-r-1200x800-jpg.jpg

Winter? Ouch! I was highly considering making a purchase of a 2019 model but it sounds like there are going to be quite a few improvements. I wonder if I should wait a bit. Sounds like it's going to go past the 37k MSRP.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Winter? Ouch! I was highly considering making a purchase of a 2019 model but it sounds like there are going to be quite a few improvements. I wonder if I should wait a bit. Sounds like it's going to go past the 37k MSRP.
I wouldn't be surprised if it hit above 40k.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
later this winter....does this mean march/april? Looking to get a 2019 Type R now that these will be coming out.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
later this winter....does this mean march/april? Looking to get a 2019 Type R now that these will be coming out.
Yes it would make sense we’re expecting our last 2019 type r in February

Pracis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R
Country flag
Wait.. so March/April is actually realistic for the 2020 FK8 to be released? I was thinking literally Winter (as in Oct to Dec).

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean.. if you sell the car, I'm sure that you have a far better estimation than I can ever possibly have.. :)
Honestly we’ve gotten zero info except the color and the email about a limited edition, Honda keeps a really type Lid, but now I should have an exact time and date to expect it soon

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
two piece brakes and upgraded pads sound like a cool upgrade that we can all do to our current Rs. i'm hoping most of the improvements can become mods for our current Rs.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
For those only worried with the future value of your CTR, this is not good news as these are pretty solid upgrades.

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
Active sound control like the Si. It sounds good most of the time but I do wish it were possible to turn it off.
Sponsored