FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you wanted to inform the masses, and you’re surprised it leaked?

To be clear, you’re the leak. The only person responsible for the news escaping the forum is you.

I don’t think anyone asked for the info in the first place, so I’m fine with you keeping it to yourself to be honest. Especially if you’re going to act
Like this over it.
no I had my personal info leaked... i wasnt acting like anything... I pulled the post down becuase of comments like this
Sponsored

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
So you wanted to inform the masses, and you’re surprised it leaked?

To be clear, you’re the leak. The only person responsible for the news escaping the forum is you.

I don’t think anyone asked for the info in the first place, so I’m fine with you keeping it to yourself to be honest. Especially if you’re going to act
Like this over it.
While you may be fine with Thor keeping the info to himself, I'm quite happy he posted it. There are several of us who are waiting on a 2020 CTR and trying to get things ready for when it arrives. I'm on here trying to learn everything I can about the car and it's strengths and shortcomings. I've learned a lot about the issues that I can now deal with in an informed manner. Yes, I still have to filter what comes in, but it's still better than having nothing.

So I say to all Thor and others who are nice enough to pass along what they have found. Please keep it coming and Thank you.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While you may be fine with Thor keeping the info to himself, I'm quite happy he posted it. There are several of us who are waiting on a 2020 CTR and trying to get things ready for when it arrives. I'm on here trying to learn everything I can about the car and it's strengths and shortcomings. I've learned a lot about the issues that I can now deal with in an informed manner. Yes, I still have to filter what comes in, but it's still better than having nothing.

So I say to all Thor and others who are nice enough to pass along what they have found. Please keep it coming and Thank you.
:):respect:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

If memory serves, his thread listed him as the only source as it was something he saw. No pictures of what he saw just words. At best what he posted was a rumor, and probably not a very good one at that (and maybe not even one that was likely to be true). It's no different than the rumors we've heard about dealers saying new special colors (Boosted Blue, Pheonix Yellow), though some of those had pictures to accompany them (even if one of them was a complete custom wrap of another user's car).

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If memory serves, his thread listed him as the only source as it was something he saw. No pictures of what he saw just words. At best what he posted was a rumor, and probably not a very good one at that (and maybe not even one that was likely to be true). It's no different than the rumors we've heard about dealers saying new special colors (Boosted Blue, Pheonix Yellow), though some of those had pictures to accompany them (even if one of them was a complete custom wrap of another user's car).
If memory serves I stated it came from my corporate Honda representative, who had a corporate email, I proved that I worked for Honda and whether true or not true I was met with distain, so I do not care anymore whether people think it’s true or not or whether it actually happens

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag

Nah man, I can do without the self righteous attitude. If you’re willing to spread the information you should understand the possible consequences and to be clear the harm you may put others in by leaking corporate info. People lose jobs over this type of ordeal which can be seen as corporate espionage. My point is I don’t feel sorry for him. It’s not my problem he got doxxed, and the only catalyst to this entire issue is himself. Blaming others just seems petty.

Edited: because I suck at forums

Last edited:

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Some of you people on here are such pansies that it makes me cringe. All you do is wake up and be grumpy all day? He never had to prove anything to yall and shouldn't have done it. Were you gonna cry even harder if he didnt show you his honda email address? Lmfao, yall needa sit back and relax

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Some of you people on here are such pansies that it makes me cringe. All you do is wake up and be grumpy all day? He never had to prove anything to yall and shouldn't have done it. Were you gonna cry even harder if he didnt show you his honda email address? Lmfao, yall needa sit back and relax
The way his post was set up and worded it read like a poorly sourced click-bait blog post of a "rumor". I personally didn't comment on his post, nor followed up too much since all it was was a bunch of back and forth between the OP and some users who didn't believe the post. To be honest, all it reminded me of were those posts that come every month about the next iPhone, next iPad, next great Apple device which most turn out to be wrong if there is no physical proof (typically a photo or blueprints of some sort).

I don't consider people who are skeptical of weak evidence of a rumor to be "pansies". That's me though.

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
This makes me cringe.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
The way his post was set up and worded it read like a poorly sourced click-bait blog post of a "rumor". I personally didn't comment on his post, nor followed up too much since all it was was a bunch of back and forth between the OP and some users who didn't believe the post. To be honest, all it reminded me of were those posts that come every month about the next iPhone, next iPad, next great Apple device which most turn out to be wrong if there is no physical proof (typically a photo or blueprints of some sort).

I don't consider people who are skeptical of weak evidence of a rumor to be "pansies". That's me though.
You clearly don't remember the post or thread.

With that said why would someone risk their job by posting an email that would reveal the source.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
You clearly don't remember the post or thread.

With that said why would someone risk their job by posting an email that would reveal the source.
I remember the original post, but I didn't follow much after that. I did go into the thread a few times to see what was happening, but really didn't pay much attention. All I saw was back and forth between forum members and the poster. I never really took the post seriously at all and just pushed it aside. So you're right, my memory of the thread may not be what you remember (if I'm not mistaken the last time I was in the thread, it wasn't much more than 2 pages long).

The answer to your question is a long one. TL;DR: the post would have looked negatively for the poster in all probable cases with the exception of one where the post could be taken seriously, but the poster ends up in hot water. Because of this probable case (that did happen), the poster put his own job at risk the second he posted it. I am sorry to hear he was doxxed, it's never fun to be on the receiving end of one of those (no one deserves to get doxxed). The lesson of the day is not to release privileged information unless you've got permission to unless you're ready to deal with the consequences of such an action.

The issue with rumors like these is that if it's not a legit source, whether or not the poster reveals the source, it isn't taken seriously. If it is a legit source, but the poster can't reveal it, then one of two things happen. No source material is searched for or source material is searched for. In the former case, the post isn't taken seriously. In the latter case, either the source is found or its not. If it's not found, then the post is not taken seriously. If the source material is found, then the post is taken seriously, but the poster may end up in hot water. There is also the case that almost never happens where the source is not revealed but the post is taken seriously anyways (since we all believe everything we read on the internet).

Fill out the matrix of possibilities and you quickly find out that one of the following is going to happen with the post: 1) it's not taken seriously (very, very likely) or 2) it's taken seriously because the original source is found but you end up in hot water (unlikely).

It seems like the unlikely event happened here, but the matrix already says that posting would be negative for the poster in any probable case. I'm sorry to hear that the poster had been doxed, it's not fun to have happen (I've been on that side of the fence before); so I do feel for them. At the same time, the outcomes of such an action would end up negative for the poster in any of the probable outcomes; in this case the worst of the outcomes. The fact of the matter is that the poster risked their job simply by posting the material (whether anonymously or not).

It seems like (from what I can read here anyways) that after his information was leaked, he took it out on the other forum members who found him. The other forum members are simply asking, "what were you expecting to happen when you posted it?"

Note in this post I do not mean that the source is the email, rather it's the person that the information originated from.

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
I’m late to the party. What was the leaked info? lol

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
(even if one of them was a complete custom wrap of another user's car).
Already proven that HPJ's picture is not Chu's car. The inner window door sill is not wrapped in Chu's and is still Champ white. HPJs shows a wrapped/painted window sill of an unknown car.

Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 8.24.03 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 8.25.53 AM

Unless of course chu only had half his window sills wrapped.

Last edited: