FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
These probably won't fit the Type R, will they? Notice the removal of the 3 ducts on the outside, but an addition of a removable plating.

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
These probably won't fit the Type R, will they? Notice the removal of the 3 ducts on the outside, but an addition of a removable plating.

Well that front end is not the type R. If you look at the type r that they have wrapped it looks like it has the color match plates but still has the air ducts on the front bumper.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Those separators seem to be Honda’s new MMC thing on Civics. Look at the previous gen.

Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? C2EDE8B2-72C9-4BCF-A9E4-6CADCF98F5E7

Jeaholland

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Okay but like where can I get a wing like that for my sport hatch?!

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Please explain what you think is the difference between reducing lift and producing down force...lol
The car produces lift. Down force from the wing reduces that lift. Any wing/spoiler that reduces lift us producing down force.

I agree with you entirely here. However, I think the point that was trying to be said was that some wings produce downforce to create a net zero of lift, and some wings create downforce to have a negative amount of lift.

ugh I hope that makes sense.

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
WARNING!!! I found out that the new rear grills from the new 2020 hatchback do not fit the prior 2019 and older Type R bumper. I imagine you will need a new Type R rear bumper if you want to pimp the new grills.

If you are wondering how I know .... I bought a set.

Cheers

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
WARNING!!! I found out that the new rear grills from the new 2020 hatchback do not fit the prior 2019 and older Type R bumper. I imagine you will need a new Type R rear bumper if you want to pimp the new grills.

If you are wondering how I know .... I bought a set.

Cheers
It's destiny telling you that those grills are hideous and shouldnt be put on a type r. :rolleyes:

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
It's destiny telling you that those grills are hideous and shouldnt be put on a type r. :rolleyes:

muhahahaha.... I never said I wouldn't plastic weld two panels together to make one.

Destiny is just a few facelifts away.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
From UK Type R forum posted a few months ago. Overexposed to show more details (taped off fake vent, smaller wheels):

upload_2019-10-22_15-17-24.png

Original source: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101501-General-FK8-(10th-Gen)-CTR-Release-chat&p=1398894&viewfull=1#post1398894
Look at the way the tape is adhered over the grille. You can barely make out the outline of the color-matched garnish coming down in the same way as the 2020 hatchback. Also note the placement of the small rectangular intake vent - also in the same area. It looks like they plan to use the same design but perhaps a different size for the refresh Type R.

FK8#1500

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Corolla Xrs, 2015 Honda Fit, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I will buy the s@!& out of that wing for my civic hatchback sport as soon as it's released.

THAT's the wing we all want on the lower spoiler of our lower model hatchbacks.

What do you think the odds of getting Honda to let me purchase one? even though I don't own a Type-R so it won't be for replacement....
If you have money in your pocket, they will surely “let” you buy it.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
When is the 2020 CTR Coming out, finally? I thought we would have seen something by now, arriving at dealer lots