FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
It doesn’t look like a normal hatch to me too. But... I really think the wing rounds out the hatch. I’m not a fan of Hatches in general.

As a whole they are growing on me but still. :)
I don't like hatches either.... except for the Civic for some reason. It looks great !
Sponsored

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The picture from the OP has the vents that’s why I mentioned it but thanks for your insight!
This red one was the originally projected refreshed design of the FK8 in its early stages. As you can see, almost all medias predicted it to go through vent changes, also having different front grill and smaller wing. I accept the Fake News apologies!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I just saw brand new 2020 hatchback LX today and I absolutely can't stand the new body-colored, L-shaped pieces that they added to the fake vents. They add nothing and just serve to make even the regular hatchback look too busy.

Forget this nonsense - they should have added revised 2nd gear synchros and an active exhaust for 2020. They're been steadily jacking up the price $1000 or so every 6 months anyway, so it wouldn't have been infeasible to do.

Last edited:

smc_stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
Forget this nonsense - they should have added revised 2nd gear synchros and an active exhaust for 2020. They're been steadily jacking up the price $1000 or so every 6 months anyway, so it wouldn't have been infeasible to do.
No tech info out so far, but I hope Honda has listened and updated some tech too and not just the looks.

smc_stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
It might be, but consider the following for the Euro market:
- due to taxation new R's sell for around 40.000 - 50.000 USD depending on the country, so lots of buyers are in the 40+ age range, they mostly prefer sleeker cars, plus big wings were never a big sales advantage around here. I think with offering two versions of the R, one with a wing and one with a smaller spoiler, Honda is doing a step in the right direction and possibly will be able to boost sales. Currently there are no markups for CTR's in Europe as sales are low, Honda has to offer discounts on the R for that reason.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
It might be, but consider the following for the Euro market:
- due to taxation new R's sell for around 40.000 - 50.000 USD depending on the country, so lots of buyers are in the 40+ age range, they mostly prefer sleeker cars, plus big wings were never a big sales advantage around here. I think with offering two versions of the R, one with a wing and one with a smaller spoiler, Honda is doing a step in the right direction and possibly will be able to boost sales. Currently there are no markups for CTR's in Europe as sales are low, Honda has to offer discounts on the R for that reason.
I don't think a smaller wing is going to really do much, the Civic hatch's styling is pretty aggressive all around.

Personally I think the wing balances the car out and it looks awkward without it, but if they did it as an option (like the STI) I don't really care. I am intrigued by the updated vents, want to see them on a CW, but if I could buy them painted I could see myself grabbing them at some point.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
I don't like the rear-end of the Civic Hatches, but the wing 'filled in' the slope I didn't like. But... totally my own opinion! I'm glad there will be something for everyone, although I'm curious if that's a cheaper model and possibly had some performance stuff removed...

I was torn on the black waffle panel swap, and now I realize I really don't like the new ones. Looks oddly out of place, although again, that's my opinion.

According to Autowise.com,
"One of the most exciting of all upcoming 2021 hatchbacks out there has to be the Civic Type R, though. Honda is apparently working on two differently priced versions of its hot hatch, but both should be among the best choices in their segment. By the time they arrive, 350 horsepower will have been a given in the segment, so expect a figure in that region."
https://autowise.com/2021-hatchbacks/

i just want the 350 horses. Whatever they did/do to get 350 I want to do to mine.(maybe like what they did in making the TCR??
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a28325347/2019-honda-civic-type-r-tcr-drive/
"engine utilizes stock internals with a larger turbocharger turbine, a custom exhaust, a lightweight flywheel, and an ECU tune that combine for 340 horsepower"

Assuming also if Honda can do it, then its covered under warranty; no more illegal modding issue. Delaership can't tell me not to mod anymore. Here's hoping for the best.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I don't know. I cant see Honda making that drastic of change to the Type R. Could be wrong tho, but I got a feeling people are going to be disappointed with the amount changes they make to the 2020 or 2021. If they do, it will more than likely be some type of special edition version to send off the current gen that will cost a fortunate.
Sponsored