FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
Added benefit? You know the type r wing does nothing untill about 90 some miles an hour. Everyday driving its just a big wing.
pretty sure he meant when the car is put to use...not during daily driving
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
pretty sure he meant when the car is put to use...not during daily driving
I know, he also explained. But in real world how often is that? Daily..nope....auto cross..eh..rarely get above 90 for any meaning full length of time.. full on race...well barely and only on open straight aways.. so how functional is it really ? 5 percent of use?

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Actually its not but ok. There are literally 100s of car engineering videos that explain the wheels. Every single thing on the car is designed around the wheel. There are hundreds of factors alignments and so on. It can change the way the car wheels react during braking. Scrub patch changes depending on strut . Front wheel rear wheel and so on.... but pointing out truth compared to popular forum conceptions never ends well so ok yeah they can just slap a wheel on... i mean why bother having 300 engineers, 40 plus years in racing and millions and millions in r and d... hell just hire you. Guys we should just slap a 19 on it and send it... honda, ok by george old man you are correct.
The FK8 front suspension is more or less the same as the FK2R, so using the FK2 wheel with the same offset does not require much research. The rear suspension is completely different, though.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Honda said that the big rear wing reduces turbulence (and therefore air drag), it is there not only for creating down force. Maybe someone can verify that.
The FK8 and the FK2R have a relatively high top speed (taking engine power into account). So, I think Honda might be right.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I know, he also explained. But in real world how often is that? Daily..nope....auto cross..eh..rarely get above 90 for any meaning full length of time.. full on race...well barely and only on open straight aways.. so how functional is it really ? 5 percent of use?
what's your point though? Even if it's used 5 percent of the time, it serves it's purpose on the car. If car manufacturers went off of how often their performance cars actually got put to use there would be no 1LE's or ZR1's, Type R's etc with big wangs.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
there would be no 1LE's or ZR1's, Type R's etc with big wangs.
Well wang size is definitely a factor in how big the wing is but we won't go there lol.

But seriously , i was just commenting on his comment at face value of him saying its functional. My point is a could strap two box fans to the back that would be more functional for areo then that wing is.

Last edited:

Melvinspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2015 Ford Flex
Country flag
Honda said that the big rear wing reduces turbulence (and therefore air drag), it is there not only for creating down force. Maybe someone can verify that.
The FK8 and the FK2R have a relatively high top speed (taking engine power into account). So, I think Honda might be right.

From what I understand, the lip/spoiler on the hatch is to reduce drag and the large wing is for downforce. Two different things... two different purposes.

Last edited:

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just saw this on Temple of Vtec. Definitely not the new type R but not really sure what model this could be.

civ-face.jpg
That doesn’t look half bad

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So this whole threads out the window on it being a type R refresh...speculation aint it great lol

OP
OP
Wilke_fk8.

Wilke_fk8.

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic type r. 00 honda civic si
Country flag
Just saw this on Temple of Vtec. Definitely not the new type R but not really sure what model this could be.

civ-face.jpg
Ahhhh idk how i feel about that. Those vents are awful!

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
So this whole threads out the window on it being a type R refresh...speculation aint it great lol
Nah. The original poster definitely has an image of the new Type R. You can tell in multiple ways -- the triple exhaust, the vortex generators, the skirt, the Brembos up front, and the frikkin' Type R badge. It's definitely a Type R. Now whether or not it's the only version of the 2020 Type R is the real question.
Sponsored