FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I don't like the rear-end of the Civic Hatches, but the wing 'filled in' the slope I didn't like. But... totally my own opinion! I'm glad there will be something for everyone, although I'm curious if that's a cheaper model and possibly had some performance stuff removed...

I was torn on the black waffle panel swap, and now I realize I really don't like the new ones. Looks oddly out of place, although again, that's my opinion.
I agree. The rear end of this generation Civic hatchbacks make me want to vomit. I usually do not like the look of huge wings on cars but personally, for me, the current wing helps the looks of the rear end a lot. I can tolerate the big wings on cars only if they add to the performance. A good example would be from the C7 ZR1 or the ZL1 1LE even. I don't really like the looks of the wings but the added benefit overcomes the looks for me.
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I agree. The rear end of this generation Civic hatchbacks make me want to vomit. I usually do not like the look of huge wings on cars but personally, for me, the current wing helps the looks of the rear end a lot. I can tolerate the big wings on cars only if they add to the performance. A good example would be from the C7 ZR1 or the ZL1 1LE even. I don't really like the looks of the wings but the added benefit overcomes the looks for me.
Added benefit? You know the type r wing does nothing untill about 90 some miles an hour. Everyday driving its just a big wing.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Added benefit? You know the type r wing does nothing untill about 90 some miles an hour. Everyday driving its just a big wing.
Yes. The Type R wing is not on the same level of performance when compared to some other higher tiered cars. When I was speaking about the Type R wing I was trying to be more specific that even though I generally don't like the looks of big wings the Civic hatch needed it desperately to detract for the horrid looks of the rear end. All subjective of course.
When speaking about big wings in general though, I generally hate the looks of them and they need to add some kind of performance benefit for me to be on board. That's why I used the example of the new ZR1 and ZL1 1LE. I don't like the looks of the wings but the performance they add is awesome therefore I'd be on board. If they got much more ridiculous looking though I don't think I could handle it unless they allowed the cars to fly.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. The Type R wing is not on the same level of performance when compared to some other higher tiered cars. When I was speaking about the Type R wing I was trying to be more specific that even though I generally don't like the looks of big wings the Civic hatch needed it desperately to detract for the horrid looks of the rear end. All subjective of course.
When speaking about big wings in general though, I generally hate the looks of them and they need to add some kind of performance benefit for me to be on board. That's why I used the example of the new ZR1 and ZL1 1LE. I don't like the looks of the wings but the performance they add is awesome therefore I'd be on board. If they got much more ridiculous looking though I don't think I could handle it unless they allowed the cars to fly.
Ah got ya. So your not on board for those giant ironing board wings people been putting on the R lol
Honda Civic 10th gen FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think? 20190820_200743

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Jesus. No. Looks awful. What I really hate seeingis when someone takes something like an older base model Civic or Accord and puts something like this on their car.
Ah got ya. So your not on board for those giant ironing board wings people been putting on the R lol
20190820_200743.jpg

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks like the Civic Si’s wing. Also seems like they’ve remove the red trim on the carbon fibre skirts

The only thing I’m jealous of would be the 19” sizing. I actually like the look of the 20” just wish they were an inch smaller.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
@everyone in this thread with the "I just want ET60 19" wheels"

They exist, they have always existed, and will continue to exist. They're the FK2 wheels.

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-19-alloy-wheel-black-civic-type-r-fk2-fk8.html

If you don't like those, get new NSX front wheels. Four NSX Y spoke front wheels are 19x8.5 ET53 iirc.
Not everyone wants to deal with the hassle of importing them.

I'm also looking for take-offs to be cheap. Like less than a grand a set cheap.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Eh I had a small wing on my RSX. It was cute and dainty lol with the R it's gotta be beastly. The current wing is beastly enough for me. :D

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well considering Honda now announced their whole 2020 line up except the R. And so far they all have those god awful grill inserts i bet we get those too. I do not think we will see a 19 inch tire. There is a lot of engineering and telemetry and blah blah to change wheel sizes. Its not as simplex as slap a 19 on. Suspention change would need to be made and I don't see that happening at the late end of a model. My money is on vent inserts, maybe improved led headlights and possibilty the wing and in the IS. the driver safety stuff since lane watch is technically in the car already and available in other countries.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is literally as simple as "slap x8.5ET60 wheels on with a bigger aspect."
Actually its not but ok. There are literally 100s of car engineering videos that explain the wheels. Every single thing on the car is designed around the wheel. There are hundreds of factors alignments and so on. It can change the way the car wheels react during braking. Scrub patch changes depending on strut . Front wheel rear wheel and so on.... but pointing out truth compared to popular forum conceptions never ends well so ok yeah they can just slap a wheel on... i mean why bother having 300 engineers, 40 plus years in racing and millions and millions in r and d... hell just hire you. Guys we should just slap a 19 on it and send it... honda, ok by george old man you are correct.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag