FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

Shankmeyster

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch CVT, 2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6M (traded for '20)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That revamped spoiler looks WAY better.

Advertisement

Harlaquin

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
spacers can affect the wheel bearing yes. but a different offset wheels are not going to really negatively affect the bearings. different size tires are also not going to affect wheel bearing life.

also, if the wheel width and offset is the same and your just changing from 20s to a 19, it's not going to be any different from stock as long as the overall diameter has not been changed. He used a tire calculator to make sure that the overall tire diameter has not changed from the 20s to the 19s. Maybe lose some slight sidewall stiffness which might numb the turn in (which not many would probably notice, especially since they usually move onto a better tire than stock), but thats really about it.
Yes sir, I understand that bearings are not affected hardly by offset. I just meant it as an example and I sorta lumped it in there with the spacers. I should of differentiate more. :)

UFO CTR

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
that is a very subjective thing.

the big spoiler imo completes the car and the fixes the weird roundness (?) that i see on the rear of the hatchbacks. To each his own though.
We also have fender and quarter flare that may not look very well with small wing...yea, I'll have to see it in person for my self...

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type-R
Country flag
that is a very subjective thing.

the big spoiler imo completes the car and the fixes the weird roundness (?) that i see on the rear of the hatchbacks. To each his own though.
Well I love our even bigger wings... LOL

s2kdriver80

Reaction score
Car(s)
MY03 Honda S2000
Country flag
This downforce during braking probably only serves to "stabilize" the rear end of the car, no? don't forget, as we hit the brakes from 70 mph, our cars will want to "overturn" (rigid body rotation) in the longitudinal direction...so the tail end of any car during braking will want to uplift, so the additional down force from the rear wing will counteract the uplift tail end due to braking? Trying to gain further understanding of what else is our big wing good for. :)
They could also massively ramp up the spring and damper rates on the fronts (as well as the rears) to at least match the FK2 specs. Comfort be damned, this is a Type R. :)

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
This downforce during braking probably only serves to "stabilize" the rear end of the car, no? don't forget, as we hit the brakes from 70 mph, our cars will want to "overturn" (rigid body rotation) in the longitudinal direction...so the tail end of any car during braking will want to uplift, so the additional down force from the rear wing will counteract the uplift tail end due to braking? Trying to gain further understanding of what else is our big wing good for. :)
Yup. You basically hit the nail right on its head. The downforce under braking creates stability and less chance of fishtailing.

UFO CTR

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Yup. You basically hit the nail right on its head. The downforce under braking creates stability and less chance of fishtailing.
ok, then for those who actually tracks their R, the bigger wing seems to a necessity then, and for street warriors, the smaller wing should suffice. But of course, I like big wing and every once in a while, I'll open it up. :)

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
ok, then for those who actually tracks their R, the bigger wing seems to a necessity then, and for street warriors, the smaller wing should suffice. But of course, I like big wing and every once in a while, I'll open it up. :)
Depends on the definition of a "street warrior" :p In any event, the bigger wing is going to pay off if you ever need to do an emergency brake (on or off track).

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX, 2017 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
Country flag
...and for that matter, what do we need over 300hp for daily driving? And what about those ridiculous Brembo brakes; who needs that much stopping power for DD? And those stupid 20 inch wheels? For daily driving?? Pffff... and don’t get me started on that ridiculously stiff suspension...who needs that for DD?....wait....we should’ve just bought LX’s.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Reaction score
Car(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Alright. I'm super convinced I will be rushing to trade my '17 in for these....NOT A FCKING CHANCE!!!!!!!!

AquaGoat

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the removal of the big wing, but I feel the wing at the top of the rear window needs to be put back on like the regular Sport Hatch.