FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Most of these people who love the giant spoiler were the same ones talking shit about the spoiler on the STi until it showed up on the CTR LOL. Clowns.
Do you really just come here to instigate? C’mon, man.
Sponsored

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Most of these people who love the giant spoiler were the same ones talking shit about the spoiler on the STi until it showed up on the CTR LOL. Clowns.
Mate is the Subaru forums that boring that you have to come on here and try get a bite?

Jog on fella....ur banter is as old as your engine design

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Mate is the Subaru forums that boring that you have to come on here and try get a bite?

Jog on fella....ur banter is as old as your engine design
I don't have an STi, that's a 2015 wrx. I frequent several car sites, because I am a car enthusiast. I didn't even talk down on the CTR, yet your panties are already in a bunch. How insecure can you be?

For an old design the wrx/sti still push 30k units in the USA though. Even if only 15% of those sales were STi's (and its probably more like 25%) that would put the 17year old engine STi at about the same sales as the CTR, a 1st gen car thats brand new from the ground up. Hell there's 670 2019s CTRs still for sale on Car Gurus.

Last edited:

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I don't have an STi, that's a 2015 wrx. I frequent several car sites, because I am a car enthusiast. I didn't even talk down on the CTR, yet your panties are already in a bunch. How insecure can you be?

For an old design the wrx/sti still push 30k units in the USA though. Even if only 15% of those sales were STi's (and its probably more like 25%) that would put the 17year old engine STi at about the same sales as the CTR, a 1st gen car thats brand new from the ground up. Hell there's 670 2019s CTRs still for sale on Car Gurus.
I don’t think they should make any more CTR. This has nothing to do with exclusivity or value. I don’t think the platform has the stay power to last. Society and technology are rapidly changing and FWD cars may be efficient, but I feel the reason the sales arent booming is due to the fact it’s FWD. If it were AWD or RWD then you suddenly attract far more customers. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve heard say they won’t buy it because it’s FWD. I’ve never heard someone say I won’t buy a car because it’s AWD or RWD. It’s specific to FWD only. The other reason it won’t last is because we are living in times where our buying habits are fad driven. I’ve been into car tuning since Nopi was a thing and I’ve never seen people go thru cars and aftermarket parts this fast. There are literally people who have spent over $15,000 on their type Rs in the short few years it’s been out. I’m currently sitting at about 6k myself but that’s mostly wheels/ tires hondata. I don’t see the point in continuing with the fk8 platform after 2020.
Take a break for for 2 to 3 years and release a hybrid AWD turbo type R with Automatic transmission ( yes I love stick shifts but it’s dying) and game over.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

So what's your point?

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The problem with the STi is the horrendous fuel economy from a 17 year old design. And excessive turbo lag.

The actual power output numbers are par for the course, in terms factory output

And for the record, you DID talk down the car, just one post earlier. I'll chalk it up as short term memory loss on your part.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I don’t think they should make any more CTR. This has nothing to do with exclusivity or value. I don’t think the platform has the stay power to last. Society and technology are rapidly changing and FWD cars may be efficient, but I feel the reason the sales arent booming is due to the fact it’s FWD. If it were AWD or RWD then you suddenly attract far more customers. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve heard say they won’t buy it because it’s FWD. I’ve never heard someone say I won’t buy a car because it’s AWD or RWD. It’s specific to FWD only. The other reason it won’t last is because we are living in times where our buying habits are fad driven. I’ve been into car tuning since Nopi was a thing and I’ve never seen people go thru cars and aftermarket parts this fast. There are literally people who have spent over $15,000 on their type Rs in the short few years it’s been out. I’m currently sitting at about 6k myself but that’s mostly wheels/ tires hondata. I don’t see the point in continuing with the fk8 platform after 2020.
Take a break for for 2 to 3 years and release a hybrid AWD turbo type R with Automatic transmission ( yes I love stick shifts but it’s dying) and game over.
I wanted to quote this so I remember to come back and laugh at this whenever I need it.

How can you possibly be this far off the mark? If you claim it's drugs, please share them.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted to quote this so I remember to come back and laugh at this whenever I need it.

How can you possibly be this far off the mark? If you claim it's drugs, please share them.
LMAO me too! Like WTF is he even saying!

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Calm down now, Just an opinion
I own one and love it. Best car I’ve owned period. Just forward thinking that’s all. Most of the hate comes from it being front wheel drive or am I wrong. World is moving forward and gasoline is far from obsolete but Honda did pull back to focus more on electric and Hybrid, as did Toyota, Ford, Volvo.
What am I off about. Parts for this car are not cheap, nor is this a cheap car to modify. Not that tuning car has ever been
Don’t really care if people like you or anyone for that matter ridicule me for have a different opinion. Forward thinkers have often been ridiculed for thinking outside the norm. Come back and read for laughs if it makes you feel good about your own boxed way of thinking. Whatever feeds for ego or sense of self preservation so you can sleep sound at night
Toodles

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Calm down now, Just an opinion
I own one and love it. Best car I’ve owned period. Just forward thinking that’s all. Most of the hate comes from it being front wheel drive or am I wrong. World is moving forward and gasoline is far from obsolete but Honda did pull back to focus more on electric and Hybrid, as did Toyota, Ford, Volvo.
What am I off about. Parts for this car are not cheap, nor is this a cheap car to modify. Not that tuning car has ever been
Don’t really care if people like you or anyone for that matter ridicule me for have a different opinion. Forward thinkers have often been ridiculed for thinking outside the norm. Come back and read for laughs if it makes you feel good about your own boxed way of thinking. Whatever feeds for ego or sense of self preservation so you can sleep sound at night
Toodles
Most bias came from the car being FWD and not AWD like the Evo or STI or even Focus RS, but once critics drove the Type R they realized it did not need to be AWD to have just as much fun as it's competitors.
As price for mods is concerned, what did you expect? Even Honda dealers are marking the car up, I didn't know such a thing existed until going to look at a Type R in person and read about this becoming a common practice for a manufacturer's coveted models. But after encountering the markup I realized companies would charge extra for mods just because it is a Type R, so now everything branded for the Type R is more expensive than it is for a standard Civic. Just means you got to spend your money wisely on the mods you want.
As far as transmission is concerned, yes Automatics have made great progress but still nothing will compare to driving a manual. #savethemanuals
It isn't about thinking outside the box but rather appreciating that Honda hit it out of the park with this car and it is the first time the U.S. has been able to purchase a Type R.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
The problem with the STi is the horrendous fuel economy from a 17 year old design. And excessive turbo lag.

The actual power output numbers are par for the course, in terms factory output

And for the record, you DID talk down the car, just one post earlier. I'll chalk it up as short term memory loss on your part.
I said the CTR has a giant wing, which it does. Again, I didn't say anything bad about the car. Your reading comprehension is clouded by your sensitivity.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thread currently not available...
yah had to delete it, tried to bring info to the masses, instead got my info leaked, and got ridiculed. so i wont be leaking anymore corporate info

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
yah had to delete it, tried to bring info to the masses, instead got my info leaked, and got ridiculed. so i wont be leaking anymore corporate info
So you wanted to inform the masses, and you’re surprised it leaked?

To be clear, you’re the leak. The only person responsible for the news escaping the forum is you.

I don’t think anyone asked for the info in the first place, so I’m fine with you keeping it to yourself to be honest. Especially if you’re going to act
Like this over it.
Sponsored