FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
I'm the one who also waiting for the 2020 model in Houston.....have been waiting for a few months already. may I ask you one thing? since you working for honda dealership in here, why the production next week (mean NOV 2019) will take almost 3 months(Nov - Dec -Jan - Feb) to ship oversea to the US? is that always used to take that long??
and since the car gets in the lot at the dealership around Feb 2020, it should be a 2020 model, right? I never hear the dealership will get a new car from factory with last year's model... correct me if I was wrong.
Am also waiting on the 2020, anticipation is killing me. Need that backup type R for Track days.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
So you already had one and you need one more R backup for track days....... :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
Yes, and it not having a wing and inclusion of driving assist will make it easier to sell the purchase to the wife AFTER it's in the driveway.
hehe

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
WARNING!!! I found out that the new rear grills from the new 2020 hatchback do not fit the prior 2019 and older Type R bumper. I imagine you will need a new Type R rear bumper if you want to pimp the new grills.

If you are wondering how I know .... I bought a set.

Cheers
Type R's have different bumpers. You will need to order 2020 Type R specific vents. Not the sport ones.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The question is, has anyone tried swapping the vents within the respective body styles? If this works, then the 2020 CTR vents should be swappable with the older models (assuming the CTR receives the update as well).

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
Seems about 100% likely to me, although I'm surprised by the spoiler.

I wonder if all along that was planned as a Euro feature.
No way this is the look of the type r for 2020 because even the regular hatchbacks have more of a spoiler going on.Off subject,personally I would wish they would give you the option of an automatic because I need more speed in my s/t hatchback

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
No way this is the look of the type r for 2020 because even the regular hatchbacks have more of a spoiler going on.Off subject,personally I would wish they would give you the option of an automatic because I need more speed in my s/t hatchback
I take what I said back,I just saw a video by Honda on utube called the world motor show that shows the new type r with a throw back color and a rear end that looks more conservative than a si sedan with nothing differant looking than a common looking sedan.This car looks nothing like a type r and you wouldn't know it was one even if you saw it

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I take what I said back,I just saw a video by Honda on utube called the world motor show that shows the new type r with a throw back color and a rear end that looks more conservative than a si sedan with nothing differant looking than a common looking sedan.This car looks nothing like a type r and you wouldn't know it was one even if you saw it
post link

smc_stefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
If you saw this video, it's just shit, text and video don't belong together. No idea why they put this crap up.

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
Seems about 100% likely to me, although I'm surprised by the spoiler.

I wonder if all along that was planned as a Euro feature.
I have seen some videos on utube and believe they removed the large wing on the type r and the picture is representative of the 2020 euro model

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have seen some videos on utube and believe they removed the large wing on the type r and the picture is representative of the 2020 euro model
So ive seen alot of these videos on youtube as well as alot of these articles on the internet they are baseless powerpoints with bullshit info that can be had at the most shallow of google searchs, they usually have poor grammar and i can only assume they are basic attempts of car journalism as they are filled with words the author dosnt know how to use correctly if only to improve his Flesch-kenetic score grade, I would ignore anything that looks like that.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Most of these people who love the giant spoiler were the same ones talking shit about the spoiler on the STi until it showed up on the CTR LOL. Clowns.

Last edited: