FACE LIFT TYPE R SPOTTED? Check out the pic. What do you think?

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it doesn't look so bad with the small wing, depending on the angle.

2019-honda-civic-type-r-spied-in-red-differs-from-white-painted-prototype_8.jpg

FK7.5

It's like someone who tries to grow a beard but just can't quite get there, yet they leave it on their face anyways...

Advertisement

Naruske

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wait a minute, has nobody noticed that the original holes for the big wing are still there? There is tape over them. Look closer!!! Why would they do that mmhmhmh

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait a minute, has nobody noticed that the original holes for the big wing are still there? There is tape over them. Look closer!!! Why would they do that mmhmhmh

It's a prototype. They are probably trying to easily test the pros and cons of with and without.....

However..... I will not lie, remarkable catch! I totally overlooked it!

H3llsp4wn707

Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
It doesn’t look like a normal hatch to me too. But... I really think the wing rounds out the hatch. I’m not a fan of Hatches in general.

As a whole they are growing on me but still. :)
I don't like hatches either.... except for the Civic for some reason. It looks great !

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The picture from the OP has the vents that’s why I mentioned it but thanks for your insight!
This red one was the originally projected refreshed design of the FK8 in its early stages. As you can see, almost all medias predicted it to go through vent changes, also having different front grill and smaller wing. I accept the Fake News apologies!

davemarco

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2001 Honda Prelude (Premium White Pearl)
Country flag
I just saw brand new 2020 hatchback LX today and I absolutely can't stand the new body-colored, L-shaped pieces that they added to the fake vents. They add nothing and just serve to make even the regular hatchback look too busy.

Forget this nonsense - they should have added revised 2nd gear synchros and an active exhaust for 2020. They're been steadily jacking up the price $1000 or so every 6 months anyway, so it wouldn't have been infeasible to do.

Last edited:

smc_stefan

First Name
Stefan
Reaction score
Car(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
Forget this nonsense - they should have added revised 2nd gear synchros and an active exhaust for 2020. They're been steadily jacking up the price $1000 or so every 6 months anyway, so it wouldn't have been infeasible to do.
No tech info out so far, but I hope Honda has listened and updated some tech too and not just the looks.

smc_stefan

First Name
Stefan
Reaction score
Car(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
It might be, but consider the following for the Euro market:
- due to taxation new R's sell for around 40.000 - 50.000 USD depending on the country, so lots of buyers are in the 40+ age range, they mostly prefer sleeker cars, plus big wings were never a big sales advantage around here. I think with offering two versions of the R, one with a wing and one with a smaller spoiler, Honda is doing a step in the right direction and possibly will be able to boost sales. Currently there are no markups for CTR's in Europe as sales are low, Honda has to offer discounts on the R for that reason.