First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed the Alpine S speakers. Did you installed them? Are they much better than stock? How's the clarity, highs, and max volume?
I installed only one side today. Was interrupted. Also wanted to install sound deadening and that got defered, too. I will say that the OEM speakers are total trash. The tweeter wasn't as bad as the 6.5 door speaker. Anything is better than the OEM speakers.
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those that hate the center console fabric and want to keep an OEM look, a slightly expensive option is the Type R alcantara pieces. They pop right in

20200701_182655_resized.jpg
@arpypat Oh no. I didn't even consider them but should have. Do you have part numbers, perhaps? Please tell me they are really expensive so I don't regret getting the leather. What color is the thread? The pic is hard to tell. And, do I need to give a Type R serial to get them. lol

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Oh no. I didn't even consider them but should have. Do you have part numbers, perhaps? Please tell me they are really expensive so I don't regret getting the leather. What color is the thread? The pic is hard to tell. And, do I need to give a Type R serial to get them. lol
More than 3x the price. Lol... I think I like the pleather better for its easier to clean attribute.

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@arpypat Oh no. I didn't even consider them but should have. Do you have part numbers, perhaps? Please tell me they are really expensive so I don't regret getting the leather. What color is the thread? The pic is hard to tell. And, do I need to give a Type R serial to get them. lol
It was about ~$330USD for the 3 pieces. Prices may have changed in the last few months. Red stitching matches the seat stitching.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap 20200701_182647_resized

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap 20200920_215523

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was about ~$330USD for the 3 pieces. Prices may have changed in the last few months. Red stitching matches the seat stitching.

20200701_182647_resized.jpg

20200920_215523.jpg
Thanks for the reply, and for making me even more happy that I got the leather. That's pretty pricy even though it does look great. Bikejog was dead on. 3 times the price of what I got.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good to me. If I still had my SI, this would be a no brainer.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R Touring (SGP) (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks so good. Anyone want to buy lightly used pleather parts? :)

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I've seen this asked numerous times in several different threads, but just wanted to share the results of my cloth armrest swap to leather. My car is a 2019 Sedan and the parts are different for the Coupe from what I understand. And yes, the parts are a direct fit from an Insight. Same as a Civic, just a lot cheaper!

I bought everything from OEMPARTSOURCE.com and didn't have to wait for more than a week. Something was backordered but it still arrived on time.

Anyways, super easy upgrade and totally worth not having sandpaper on my forearms all day. Hope this helps the community.

Note* Just FYI, the stitching is gray and not red. Personally, I don't mind at all since it still matches the gray accents in the seats. I would assume no one would ever notice.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 7.00.40 PM.png

20200914_192219.jpg

20200914_192240.jpg
For the center console, do you remove the fabric prior to install the leather or do you just cover the fabric with the leathe?

OP
OP
AegeanCivicSi

AegeanCivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Civic SI 4DR
Country flag
For the center console, do you remove the fabric prior to install the leather or do you just cover the fabric with the leathe?
No, just lift the center console up and there are two screw underneath. Undo those and then it will pop right off like the other pieces and then you can just swap it with the leather one.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I really like the leather pieces that I bought. No plans for leather seats. We'll see in a few years, maybe.
Here is one of my door arm rests.
PXL_20200920_225024986 (1).jpg
It looks great! But asking as a noob, how hard is it to do the door panels? I saw the video posted earlier and it seems fairly straightforward, but the video didn't show the whole process. The fit in my doors is really good, and I don't want to risk introducing any rattles if I don't put it back together right.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R Touring (SGP) (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it on my coupe. It wasn’t hard, but you do have to take the door panels off because the arm rests are screwed in from below. I don’t think there’s much risk in introducing more rattles than the car likely already has. My A and B pillars rattle more than my door panel ever would. You’ll be fine.

Reactions: mjh

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks great! But asking as a noob, how hard is it to do the door panels? I saw the video posted earlier and it seems fairly straightforward, but the video didn't show the whole process. The fit in my doors is really good, and I don't want to risk introducing any rattles if I don't put it back together right.
I second what dathoneycomb said. It's really easy. Just a couple of screws to take it off and reverse to put back on. Pro tip on the triangle parts where the tweeter mounts. There are small tabs on the window side. Make sure you slide those tabs in before pushing the snap in tab\mount things (not sure what to call them). I snapped one of my tabs by the window. It's OK I think but beware.

This guy is not the most careful but the steps are correct for removal.

Anon9ymity

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my OEMPartsource shopping list. I highly recommend them.

1600211348570.png

I installed the center pieces in less than 10 minutes. Pull the side pieces up and out. Unscrew the two screws (shown in picture). Then pull up and toward the back are clips on each side.
PXL_20200915_201604682.jpg

PXL_20200915_201229591.jpg

PXL_20200915_201302886.jpg

Didn't pull the door apart yet to install the door rests but they are the perfect size and shape. Just need to verify the attachment points.
I am so happy with this upgrade. I might attempt to dye the thread but it really does not bother me very much as is.
Would this fit my 2020 Hatchback EX? That center console cloth is exfoliating my right arm pretty good.

Last edited: