First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is my OEMPartsource shopping list. I highly recommend them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap 1600211348570

I installed the center pieces in less than 10 minutes. Pull the side pieces up and out. Unscrew the two screws (shown in picture). Then pull up and toward the back are clips on each side.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap PXL_20200915_201604682

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap PXL_20200915_201229591

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric to leather armrest and center console swap PXL_20200915_201302886

Didn't pull the door apart yet to install the door rests but they are the perfect size and shape. Just need to verify the attachment points.
I am so happy with this upgrade. I might attempt to dye the thread but it really does not bother me very much as is.

liquidbluesi

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Keep in mind, removing the door panel in the coupe is different. Search for the correct video in utube.

The center console parts are the same. I ordered the door armrests from the Coupe Touring. I don't know if you can get them cheaper from other trims.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
83552-TBG-A51ZA​
Armrest Assembly, L Front Door Lining *NH900L* (Leather) (Deep Black)​
$30.38​
1​
$30.38​
83502-TBG-A51ZA​
Armrest Assembly, R Front Door Lining *NH900L* (Leather) (Deep Black)​
$30.38​
1​
$30.38​
Thank you sir. Will be ordering mine soon.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Here is my OEMPartsource shopping list. I highly recommend them.

1600211348570.png

I installed the center pieces in less than 10 minutes. Pull the side pieces up and out. Unscrew the two screws (shown in picture). Then pull up and toward the back are clips on each side.

Didn't pull the door apart yet to install the door rests but they are the perfect size and shape. Just need to verify the attachment points.
I am so happy with this upgrade. I might attempt to dye the thread but it really does not bother me very much as is.
I haven't installed mine either. I'm gonna do it at the same time I put in a new set of door speakers, but should fit fine according to the following and the reports from another thread IIRC.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/changing-arm-rest.30640/#post-514075

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't installed mine either. I'm gonna do it at the same time I put in a new set of door speakers.
LOL. That's my plan, too. In fact, I am surfing speakers now. I think I'm going to go with the Alpine S-S65C. What are going with?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
LOL. That's my plan, too. In fact, I am surfing speakers now. I think I'm going to go with the Alpine S-S65C. What are going with?
Oh boy selecting spks during the pandemic is difficult since I don't feel like go listening in person. So I've been doing virtual sound comparisons on crutchfield.com. And still haven't decided 100% yet. But I think it'll be one of the these components in 6.5": Infinity Kappa, Focal 165K, JL Audio C2/C3/C5. The Infinity, compared with the Focal, is more efficient and it's 2.5 ohm so it'll play louder with the same output power, but they sound exactly the same when played at the same volume. All three JL Audio sounded almost the same and they all sound much more warmer/mellower than the Infinity and Focal. The Alpine S-S65C is even brighter than the Infinity.

When switching between the Focal/Infinity and JL Audio, I like the brighter, but not harsh, sound of the Infinity/Focal, but I don't know if it'll be too bright in the coupe because of all the glass windows. But if too bright, I'll point the tweeters at the ceiling or add a series power resistor to cut it down a db or so or something. And I have a back order due Oct 1st from amazon at very good deal on the Kappas @$260 so I think that's probably what I'm gonna go with.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, it was semi/mostly successful. I posted pics in the daily thread, but I figure I should put them in this thread for others to find.

I used a fabricmate red fabric dye pen (one is more than enough). I then applied a little pressure and worked the dye into the stitches. The dye rubs off the leather with a paper towel - even after a couple hours. I applied two coats 12 hours apart, waited another 24 hours and then rubbed out the extra dye with more paper towels (if you don't do this, not my fault). The stitches ended up a color somewhere between orange and red, but still look way better than the oem gray stitches.

20200828_124342-jpg.jpg

First Pass:
20200828_134343-jpg.jpg

12 hours after first coat:

20200828_144355-jpg.jpg

3 weeks later (cabin is dirty from weekend adventures):
20200915_171327.jpg

20200915_171349.jpg
This looks awesome. I wanted to know how long ago you did this, and how the dye is holding up?

Mr. Honda

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Country flag
This is literally amazing. Looks so much better then the wrap that you would buy with double sided stick tape. The 2019 armrests and console are the same for the 2020 sedans right?

legalkill

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Between this forum and the ranger5g forum, its killing my bank account. I have been spending more on wife's Ranger, and this is exactly what I was looking for (but just didn't know it). I was cleaning out car and was thinking how awful it looks to have my skin DNA permanently embedded in the armrests. Thanks all.

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I've seen this asked numerous times in several different threads, but just wanted to share the results of my cloth armrest swap to leather. My car is a 2019 Sedan and the parts are different for the Coupe from what I understand. And yes, the parts are a direct fit from an Insight. Same as a Civic, just a lot cheaper!

I bought everything from OEMPARTSOURCE.com and didn't have to wait for more than a week. Something was backordered but it still arrived on time.

Anyways, super easy upgrade and totally worth not having sandpaper on my forearms all day. Hope this helps the community.

Note* Just FYI, the stitching is gray and not red. Personally, I don't mind at all since it still matches the gray accents in the seats. I would assume no one would ever notice.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 7.00.40 PM.png

20200914_192219.jpg

20200914_192240.jpg
How is the cushion? My fabric barely has any cushion and pretty much just resting my elbow on hard plastic...

OP
OP
AegeanCivicSi

AegeanCivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Civic SI 4DR
Country flag
How is the cushion? My fabric barely has any cushion and pretty much just resting my elbow on hard plastic...
I'd say it feels pretty nice. On par with anything else out there I'm guessing. Much better than the fabric.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For me, it seems the center console might be slightly more cushiony (is that a word?) but not a lot. I never felt the center console was hard, though. The arm rest on the door seems the same as the cloth (kinda hard). I am trying to think of a way to add some more fluff before I install it but don't want to ruin it. The leather is glued all around the edges.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I find the leather to be much more comfy. about the same plushiness, but doesn't feel like sandpaper on sunburnt skin any more :D

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, it was semi/mostly successful. I posted pics in the daily thread, but I figure I should put them in this thread for others to find.

I used a fabricmate red fabric dye pen (one is more than enough). I then applied a little pressure and worked the dye into the stitches. The dye rubs off the leather with a paper towel - even after a couple hours. I applied two coats 12 hours apart, waited another 24 hours and then rubbed out the extra dye with more paper towels (if you don't do this, not my fault). The stitches ended up a color somewhere between orange and red, but still look way better than the oem gray stitches.

20200828_124342-jpg.jpg
Fantastic idea. I'll remember this

*bookmarked*