First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FWIW, I ordered all 5 parts from OEM Parts Source on June 7. Delivered yesterday, installed today.

It seems inventory is improving.

$160 and change including tax and shipping. No doubt more than what people were paying 2 years ago, but still worth it for me.
Do you have the part numbers handy?
If they're available, I'm certainly interested.
Sponsored

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
"Do you have the part numbers handy?"

First post in this thread, my man.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
So I wound up switching the whole thing anyway. Honestly though it wasn't hard at all. Take off the back trim piece. Remove a c-clip, slide out the hinge and done. I would say it took me as long to do that as it did to undo all the screws to replace the top.
20220612_190302.jpg
Velonici, how did you get the rear cover off the back of the armrest console?

I tried prying mine off with pry bars from all angles and ... nothing... it doesn't even BUDGE. The seam was so tight I had to get a flashlight out to confirm it was actually a separate part and not just a weld seam in the larger plastic shell. ('16 LX Sedan here)

For now I did just swap the lids, which is easy so a great tip for most guys... but I really want to install the torque spring I also picked up ... and stop the damn lid slamming.

Thank you!!!

PS. UPDATE

In the end, I did manage to get the bucket off... I think that I watched one of Pawnda's (pawinn?) videos on YouTube and followed his lead. I was able to pop the c-clips off the hinge shaft with a Leatherman or other such basic tools that I had lying around. Big difference now!

Last edited:

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Velonici, how did you get the rear cover off the back of the armrest console?

I tried prying mine off with pry bars from all angles and ... nothing... it doesn't even BUDGE. The seam was so tight I had to get a flashlight out to confirm it was actually a separate part and not just a weld seam in the larger plastic shell. ('16 LX Sedan here)

For now I did just swap the lids, which is easy so a great tip for most guys... but I really want to install the torque spring I also picked up ... and stop the damn lid slamming.

Thank you!!!
Mine pulled straight back. Really easy. I wonder if the hatchback and sedan are different. I'll see if I can get pictures with it on when I get home.

hienmen

First Name
Samo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
It appears that OEM Parts Source doesn't exist anymore? Is there another place to order these parts? Thanks for the info in this thread, this is exactly what I was looking for btw

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
It appears that OEM Parts Source doesn't exist anymore? Is there another place to order these parts? Thanks for the info in this thread, this is exactly what I was looking for btw
Sorry if you are looking for Honda OEM parts then try...

https://www.hondapartsnow.com

There are other sellers too, but I can personally vouch for HPN...

I can also confirm that https://www.parts-honda.uk is good to deal with
useful if you ever need UK/Euro parts.

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, it was semi/mostly successful. I posted pics in the daily thread, but I figure I should put them in this thread for others to find.

I used a fabricmate red fabric dye pen (one is more than enough). I then applied a little pressure and worked the dye into the stitches. The dye rubs off the leather with a paper towel - even after a couple hours. I applied two coats 12 hours apart, waited another 24 hours and then rubbed out the extra dye with more paper towels (if you don't do this, not my fault). The stitches ended up a color somewhere between orange and red, but still look way better than the oem gray stitches.

20200828_124342-jpg.jpg

First Pass:
20200828_134343-jpg.jpg

12 hours after first coat:

20200828_144355-jpg.jpg

3 weeks later (cabin is dirty from weekend adventures):
20200915_171327.jpg

20200915_171349.jpg
Thanks for posting this, exactly what I was looking for.