Fabric seats with dog hair

fakedevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX9
I am interested in the civic EX but I have a dog that sheds, was wondering if the leather would be better? I did check out the fabric seat myself and its really nice plus it looks to be made of pretty good material. Was wondering if there is anyone here which has the fabric seat and how does it handle the dog hair? Is it easy to vacuum them out?
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I have the fabric seats and they are magnets for hair. It comes out, but you have really scrub with the vacuum.

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had fabric seats on my previous car and it was difficult to get the dog hair out... ended up taking it to a full service car wash before I sold it. I recommend getting a seat cover/basket thing that is sold at Target (hooks to the headrests).

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
We have our old wagon (97 Accord) for transporting our three dogs... cloth interior = dog hair magnet.
We don't plan to have them ever ride in our Civic .

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Get a lint roller and leave it in the car - works great for getting rid of stuff like this.

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I had fabric seats on my previous car and it was difficult to get the dog hair out... ended up taking it to a full service car wash before I sold it. I recommend getting a seat cover/basket thing that is sold at Target (hooks to the headrests).
+1 to this. I went to Petsmart and found a seat cover that hooks over the headrests for $30. I also got the back seat cover from Honda, so the way I figure, I'll keep the pet one in the trunk, throw it over when she's about to ride in the back, and throw it back in the trunk when I have passengers who don't want to accumulate pet hair. It's a win-win-win that way.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
+1 to this. I went to Petsmart and found a seat cover that hooks over the headrests for $30. I also got the back seat cover from Honda, so the way I figure, I'll keep the pet one in the trunk, throw it over when she's about to ride in the back, and throw it back in the trunk when I have passengers who don't want to accumulate pet hair. It's a win-win-win that way.
How is the OEM rear seat cover? Difficult to remove?

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
How is the OEM rear seat cover? Difficult to remove?
Kind of a pain to put on, but I'd imagine that will get better with more practice. I haven't removed it yet, but can't imagine that would be a difficult part. Undo some velcro, pull it off of the seats, etc. It's got a nice look to it though, for sure.

aaronarf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Tacoma, 16' Civic Touring
Country flag
Kind of a pain to put on, but I'd imagine that will get better with more practice. I haven't removed it yet, but can't imagine that would be a difficult part. Undo some velcro, pull it off of the seats, etc. It's got a nice look to it though, for sure.
Appreciate the info. Couldn't find much online about the seat covers. Probably will end up buying one to protect the seats from my dogs. Used to just take cargo/moving blankets and cover the seats before trips but the leather has me nervous.

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
I would rather have some hair to clean up than punctures in my leather from nails. Get a seat cover that is machine washable like I did :)

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
This might be a little late, but for the sake of reviving the thread, I bought this for my car:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0138L2SL6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

It's actually a pretty nice quality seat cover, though it a little loose (especially in the middle seat area), but it has these grab handles on the underside where you tuck in your seat so it doesn't move around.

It's each to install (hooks over head rest). I only keep it on when I'm taking my dog for a ride or to the vet/groomer, and any other time, I take it off (easily) and either toss it in the trunk or leave in the garage.