Fabric Protector

MMarquez661

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
Country flag
Good Morning, I am looking for a good fabric protector. I did some searches and the ones I seen pop up the most were Scotch Gard and 303 Fabric Protector. Any personal experiences with either? Which one should I choose?
Sponsored

reversals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Scotchgard has worked well for me. Someone had a small spill (size of a quarter) in the back of my civic and it was easy to wipe off.

OP
OP

MMarquez661

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
Country flag
I like to second the , how did you scotch gard yours ? Also, would either one of those products harm the front heated seats? I've looked on YouTube and seen a lot of videos of the 303 Fabric protector but was curious if one is better than the other for autos.

lufer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6 Speed Manual
Scotchgard really works - liquid spills will bead up and not be absorbed. It truly is a miracle product. That said, make sure you cover all your plastic surfaces with a sheet - scotchgard splatter can be very hard to remove and you do NOT want to get it on your infotainment or instrument panel.

If you do get it on a plastic surface, wipe it off immediately. Even a mild wind gust can leave millions of little spots on your plastic surfaces that will dry almost instantly. I was horrified to see little splatters all over my console and panicked when I could not rub the marks away with a cloth.

Thankfully, rubbing alcohol works. Just dab a cloth in it and the splatter disappears. What a relief!

So in summation - scotchgard is worth it, but be careful putting it on and be sure you have some rubbing alcohol handy....

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I second and third the Scotchgard. Can was like 5 or 6 dollars at Walmart. Has definitely kept some stuff from staining the seats.