kazzieC

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch 2017
Country flag
First time posting so hoping for feedback. Have had Honda Civic for two/half years. First time in three cars that I have not had leather interiors and I am bitterly disappointed with the material used for the interior. It is a neoprene (wet suit) style in black. I noticed from the beginning that chalky white marks appeared on the arm rest and centre console and where I rested my palm to open the door. Asked Honda service who told me it was my shedding skin! Eeek. (Please know that I do not look like I have dry skin and have never had an issue with anything like this previously.) I have the car cleaned regularly and the marks go and then reappear within one or two days. Now, the drivers side seat (particularly) has these chalky white marks on it. I had the car professionally detailed including shampooing the seats and applying a protection spray but it has not made any difference.

Would appreciate your feedback if anyone else has had this issue, and if so is there a solution? When I mention to Honda service they shrug their shoulder and say no-one else has ever mentioned an issue with this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fabric (neoprene) seats and door interiors C7B5546D-A525-4454-976F-60EAA4A67B14
Sponsored

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
i have a seat cushion on my current car that i carried over my from '17 ex-l that had leather seats.

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
First time posting so hoping for feedback. Have had Honda Civic for two/half years. First time in three cars that I have not had leather interiors and I am bitterly disappointed with the material used for the interior. It is a neoprene (wet suit) style in black. I noticed from the beginning that chalky white marks appeared on the arm rest and centre console and where I rested my palm to open the door. Asked Honda service who told me it was my shedding skin! Eeek. (Please know that I do not look like I have dry skin and have never had an issue with anything like this previously.) I have the car cleaned regularly and the marks go and then reappear within one or two days. Now, the drivers side seat (particularly) has these chalky white marks on it. I had the car professionally detailed including shampooing the seats and applying a protection spray but it has not made any difference.

Would appreciate your feedback if anyone else has had this issue, and if so is there a solution? When I mention to Honda service they shrug their shoulder and say no-one else has ever mentioned an issue with this.

C7B5546D-A525-4454-976F-60EAA4A67B14.jpeg

Non leather material in civic is trash. I use seat covers since day 1.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I experienced something like this. It turned out to be flakes of my roll on deodorant falling down from my short sleeves.

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It varies quite a bit in price, but you can get leather replacement upholstery online. Katzkin's website books both the dealer and the materials in one go, usually for just under 2k. To get the seat covers themselves I've seen them go $800-1200 depending on options.

Another choice is leatherseats.com

If you keep an eye on eBay, sometimes this brand called "Roadwire" puts cancelled orders up for a great price... Got mine for $300, only vinyl though.
Sponsored